Today's Edification (6 May 2024)


Greetings sister saints! 


Here's another day! What do we sisters do in our days? Love God and seek His kingdom and righteousness and everything that comes from that right?! 

We can't have two masters...it just can't work!

No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Luke 16:13

I really see how we need to get rid of everything out of our life that is a distraction from things that really matter. I see more deeply how the things of this world really do choke us in being undivided for the Lord (even things that may be good or OK in themselves). I know we sisters have given up books, music, entertainment and observing this and that day and such. I really see how important this is not only for the fact that in themselves they are either evil or false or empty and not time redeeming but they just take away your heart from focusing on the Lord. Not good. Yes we have many physical things to deal with and that's our reasonable service to keep us going in this life and obey the Lord as He commands us to work etc. But you can't serve two masters. Or three or four or five. We want the Lord to be our one Master who we have an undivided heart for right sisters and we serve Him as we are not our own but He has bought us with a price! And He is a jealous God as well and we need to fear Him. But He is a good Master and we are not only servants but His children and heirs! 

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
Galatians 4:6-7

That's precious to have a Father who cares for His daughters isn't it sisters. 

Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: For our God is a consuming fire.
Hebrews 12:28-29

Let us strive to serve Him acceptably, sisters. That must mean there is a way to serve Him which is unacceptable, right. But I'm thankful for His Word so we can know the way. 

Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
2 Corinthians 5:9


Onion seed sowing time... 


Lots in the scriptures to ponder about sowing isn't there! Lots about fruit too. It's all awesome!

And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; 

And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how. 

For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear. 

But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come. 

Mark 4:26-29

I decided to read some scriptures on it all:-) 


I also got a separate post done on some thoughts and encouragement on singleness which you can find here if you like. I mentioned I wanted to do it awhile back but we just do what we can right sisters. Well it has encouragement in it for all sisters but I can really only speak for myself on some things. 

I posted a recipe to pumpkin soup here


I'm enjoying using my sun dried tomatoes... 


I said I was going to freeze them but these ones I sliced thinner are just fine outside it as they dried properly in the hot sun! 

So far I just use them in tuna pasta dishes...

I would share! 


Keep pressing forwards sisters! Remember the Lord's goodness that gives us hope to keep walking after Him! 

Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. 
1 Thessalonians 5:11


Love you in the Lord, my sisters, 

Sister Chayil 


Find the good news to eternal life explained here

My biblical clothing shop here