Today's Edification (31 August 2024)


Hello again sisters!

Another day the Lord gave us to keep doing our good works. I hope you're pressing on wherever you are on this amazing yet troubled earth. 

The end of a season is here and the next one is beginning. 

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
Genesis 8:22

And life just keeps going in one direction and we can't get a second of it back! Best we make sure we are doing our best in each moment with His help, as once done many things cannot be undone. 

See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
Ephesians 5:15-16 


While we cannot go back on anything not right that we have done, praise God there is redemption and forgiveness with Him and also thankfully by walking in His ways there can be restoration and forgiveness and reconciliation among people especially in saints. He is indeed a God of hope! 

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
Romans 15:13

 

 

This is a good scripture to remind us that everything is the Lord's... 

Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against thee: I am God, even thy God. 

I will not reprove thee for thy sacrifices or thy burnt offerings, to have been continually before me. 

I will take no bullock out of thy house, nor he goats out of thy folds. 

For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. 

I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine. 

If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof. 

Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats? 

Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High: 

And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Psalm 50:7-15


Good to ponder and that He owns us too and we submit to Him! 

For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
Romans 14:8
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
1 Corinthians 6:20


I was pondering how people try to fit Jesus into their lives somewhere in a little gap. It seems like it at least. But we know He must be Lord, Master, God, first with no other gods besides Him. 

No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Luke 16:13

 

Then I was thinking how sometimes the words of a hymn I used to know may come to mind and it's like 'no that's not right, that's heresy' and so it's just like you know you can count on the Word alone to be the pure truth! Let us live by the Word and not man's words sisters! Test all things and put away that which isn't true! 

O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day. Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.
Psalm 119:97-98

 

I'm having some busier days doing some deeper cleaning here and pressing through a sickness but still glad to come here to share whatever I can in the Lord! I hope you keep pressing on in whatever the Lord has for you! Lord willing I will be back tomorrow! Hold fast until He comes! 


My love be with you all, 

Sister Chayil 


Find the path to eternal life explained here

My biblical clothing shop here