Today's Edification (30 August 2024)


Greetings sisters! 

I hope you are strong in the Lord and the power of His might, pleasing Him! 

That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 

Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Ephesians 1:12-14

That's something to ponder for sure. We have the Spirit as a down-payment until the redemption of the purchased possession! We don't have it yet...let us strive to attain and fulfill all our part of this covenant. 


Just sharing a few pictures from my days too. 

It's been really windy spring weather but the leaves and flowers are popping out more. 


I thought you might like to hear the Laughing Kookaburras out my room window one evening... 


Funny sounding birds for sure and there's so much variety God put into His creation! 


And just some pics of Titus 2 and the Lord's provisions as well. 

(Sweet potato herb muffins) 


(leftover oatmeal pancakes) 


(potatoes with fried fish) 



(roast beef and veggies with gravy) 

God is good to provide food for mankind. And not just one or a few types but great variety too! 

And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
1 Timothy 6:8

That we sure have! 


Little nine month old dishes 'helper'...

Really just keeping him with me so I can wash dishes and he doesn't get into things elsewhere or fuss at my feet to come up:) But he loves it:) Precious little ones. I get plenty of hugs and smiles and chats with him while I'm looking after him. Good and pure things in such a world as this. 


Heading off to the post office with my two sewing orders the other day... 

Just an eight minute or less drive so that's convenient. Funny how my sewing shop can go from really quiet for a long time to busier. I got those two largish orders on consecutive days and then I have two skirts I need to custom sew for someone when I get back to my sewing machines...Lord willing at the end of next week. All good things are a blessing from the Lord. I'm thankful to be able to sew for others. 



I always find this scripture interesting and good to remember when we think of all the wars and death in the Old Testament at times. God doesn't do anything without a good reason of course and we humans also shouldn't question anything He does as what do we know compared to Him? He is the Creator and we the created. 
Understand therefore this day, that the LORD thy God is he which goeth over before thee; as a consuming fire he shall destroy them, and he shall bring them down before thy face: so shalt thou drive them out, and destroy them quickly, as the LORD hath said unto thee. 

Speak not thou in thine heart, after that the LORD thy God hath cast them out from before thee, saying, For my righteousness the LORD hath brought me in to possess this land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD doth drive them out from before thee.

Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. 

Understand therefore, that the LORD thy God giveth thee not this good land to possess it for thy righteousness; for thou art a stiffnecked people.

Remember, and forget not, how thou provokedst the LORD thy God to wrath in the wilderness: from the day that thou didst depart out of the land of Egypt, until ye came unto this place, ye have been rebellious against the LORD.
Deuteronomy 9:3-7
And it makes you see the mercy and longsuffering of God on the world now for a time because the world is indeed exceedingly wicked. And we know He had a special people Israel through whom our Saviour came, who the whole world has been blessed by, as whosoever will can come to Him! 

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Revelation 22:17

I sent this scripture to a sister so I share it here too. Just another glimpse of our great God! 



Yeah let's take heed from all the examples we have and be wiser thanks to God telling us it all! 


Well I think that's all from me today. Let us keep labouring to be accepted of the Lord. Strive on sisters! 

Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
2 Corinthians 5:9

For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
Romans 14:18


Much love in Christ, 

Sister Chayil 


Find the path to eternal life explained here

My biblical clothing shop here