Today's Edification (25 March 2024)


Greetings sisters! 

A new day of His grace and mercy and goodness and love for His daughters! Focus on Him! 

Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.

Psalm 40:16


O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.

Psalm 34:3

 

And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Luke 1:46-47

Amen sisters! 


After all what's gone on lately and as the spiritual battles rage it really did make me feel like 'going into Arabia' (like brother Paul did) just with the Word and shutting off all outside influences that are trying to tear you left and right. But we know we can't always do that and it's all our good reasonable service to face head-on all we must and no I don't know what Paul did when he was there but we know Jesus went into the wilderness to pray to the Father at times. But we just keep going as we can't get out of this world. We just press on doing our best. And use the Word of God as our sharp sword! 

I got to be washed in the Word by listening to scripture the whole way on my three hour trip to the children's. It was awesome! Filled me with joy at how pure and good and trustworthy it is! I listened all the way from Titus 1 to the end of Revelation. God's pure ways are so good. And indeed His Word corrects and guides us in the way we ought to walk. I wanted to keep stopping and picking out scriptures I liked and that jumped out at me to share here with you but then my trip would have taken ten hours and I have to be a good servant too so let's just say it was super edifying! 

I did stop and read the next chapter of Matthew here... 


Thankful for all Christ went through for us. I'm sure it's hard for us to fully grasp because we just read it and we were not there seeing the brutality of it. But let us be thankful and remember why He came...to save us from our sins along with other things. Let us be like the one leper out of the ten that returned to thank and glorify Him which would be following after Him and obeying Him because we're so thankful He made a way for us back to the Father! He is glorified in this! 

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. 

For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Hebrews 2:9-10


I do still remember a few scriptures that stood out... 

For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. 

Hebrews 10:36

It says after sisters! After doing the will of God we get the promise. Hold fast and let's keep being doers of the Word sisters! 

 

Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

James 3:10

Yeah we want to bless others and not curse them in however ways that would mean. It doesn't mean we can't call out sin of course. Good to ponder on. 


But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 21:8

I knew there were two scriptures about lies not entering heaven but I forgot about that one. Yeah and we can remember Ananias and Sapphira for a fearful example of what God thinks of that sin. 

Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: For our God is a consuming fire.

Hebrews 12:28-29


I encourage you to keep feeding on His Word sisters! We know we have rejected the words of man in all their garbage books and false teachers and the media and such. So we have a lot more time to be filling up with the pure word of truth! 

Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, 

As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: 

If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

1 Peter 2:1-3

Keep your sword sharp sisters! We need to do much battle and have all our armour on! 

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Ephesians 6:17

Remember when someone brings you a scripture which can look very convincing as being something different than we are believing or doing we need to remember the rest of the scriptures and that Jesus countered scripture (from satan) with scripture. We also need to diligently search the scriptures... 

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
Acts 17:11

We need to read the context and the whole chapter and the whole book even too don't we sisters. We know we are to live by EVERY word of it. I want to keep the phrase "it is also written" in my mind all the time when someone brings the Word to perhaps try to convince me or whatever their motive is even if it is well meaning. You can get horrible theology if you just take some scriptures. 


A woman asked for my thoughts on 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 about the works that get burned up and she mentioned the judgement seat of Christ. I basically just gave her scriptures to go study. We know we don't need anyone to teach us as the Word and Spirit are the best teachers. Of course there is a good place for sound biblical teaching which can be super helpful...but I don't teach theology as a woman. I do share some emails here for testing, accountability, and edification. So lots more of the Word ahead here sisters! 


"While I cannot teach on that scripture you brought up I would encourage you also to read Philippians 1:12-18 about how people were teaching the truth of Christ but with the wrong motive. And here I share some scriptures that talk of the judgement in general to help us remember to be ready to face judgement. 

We know Jesus is God. So I share these scriptures for you to ponder and study yourself.


Acts 10:42

And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.


Romans 2:16

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.


1 Corinthians 4:4

For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.


2 Timothy 4:1

I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;


1 Peter 1:17

And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:


1 Peter 4:17-18

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?


Revelation 20:12

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.


Hope those help too. God's Word speaks for itself and then there may be things we just will need to wait on God to understand or perform and we just need to be ready to be judged...according to our works. That's clear."


Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 

Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

2 Corinthians 5:9-11

Why would there need to be terror of the Lord if it was just a case of losing some rewards then? 

But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

1 Corinthians 9:27 

And how could you be a castaway? 

Good to ponder. Let's keep labouring to be acceptable unto Him sisters. 


This verse has been coming to mind... 

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

1 Corinthians 13:11

We should be growing upwards in our faith life too and definitely not acting childish or foolish. Let us be wise and self controlled and that starts with fearing God. 


And remember it's loving to make people aware of their faults so they can repent. I know most times people don't see it as loving but it's loving God and others with true godly love and not fleshly love. You may not want to do it because it may hurt them but we know it's for their good and for God's glory. But we do it in love and kindness and all the ways God's Word tells us to...try our best to anyway. 


Pretty still river creation with reflections. Peaceful and pure. 




And praise God for safe travels. I get to see the cheery sunflower creations again too... 


🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

I'll have some different serving duties for awhile. I hope your good works are going well too sisters! Keep pressing on in them knowing they are pleasing to the Lord. 

She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

Proverbs 31:27

 

And finally I share some scriptures on the whole big concept of being born from above and being God's children etc. Hope it's greatly edifying as it was to me! 



Lord willing I will share again here tomorrow. I'm thinking of and praying for you all...well all I know about and we can pray for all the saints worldwide and even others like it says in 1 Timothy 2. God wants none to perish. 


Be strong sisters...in the power of His might! Stand! Endure. 


Love, peace, and joy to you all, 

Sister Chayil 


Find the gospel to eternal life explained here

My biblical clothing shop here