Today's Edification (10 February 2024)


Greetings godly sisters! 


Another day and I am back. It's a new day to glorify Him! That is our purpose in life as we are not our own! 


Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 5:16

🕯🕯🕯

Our light is to shine before men! Why? So He is glorified! 


Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

1 Timothy 4:12


Let us strive to all be examples of the believers...for His holy name's sake. We don't want to bring reproach upon His name.


Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work.

1 Timothy 5:10

I know I often share that scripture but it is such a good picture of a godly woman and a good example for us. I was pondering on 'relieved the afflicted'. And we must remember we can only do what opportunities the Lord has in our lives though. We know all saints will go through afflictions as they follow after Christ. So we can have a heart to care when we know they are. 

Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.

Hebrews 13:3


A sister read this scripture awhile ago and it stood out to me and I share it here... 

The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.

Isaiah 50:4

I love that and want to speak (or write!) a word in season to them that are weary. 

Reminds me of what Job had done also... 

Behold, thou hast instructed many, and thou hast strengthened the weak hands. Thy words have upholden him that was falling, and thou hast strengthened the feeble knees. 

Job 4:3-4


I was pondering on the abilities and gifts the Lord bestows on us too. This is a very real concept as we are told about it in His Word. And also as the body of Christ is related to the human body with all it's parts working together. We will not all be the same or given the same gifts and callings. We shouldn't be discontent in what He has done.

Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? 

Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Romans 9:20-21


But let us identify what He has blessed us with and use them faithfully and to the full. And if He changes things He will give us what we need and grow us but we cannot kick against what He has for us or step outside of His will.


He gave us all work to do that's for sure though.

For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.

 Mark 13:34


I was pondering what the Lord has given me; a generally quieter nature which is suited to serving as it's often working alone time. And being a slower thinker, writing I do better at. He gave me the ability (via technology blessing) to edify sisters online and share the gospel online. And of course to stand strong while serving worldly family and not be stumbled by them. Yes it takes boldness and zeal for the Lord to stand up for His truth against the world and separate spiritually from disobedient believers and continue to stand where in your flesh you don't care for, but He gives us all we need to do what He has for us. Of course we will be stretched and should step out of our comfort zones to obey Him and there is always room for growth and in ten years time we may be someone different again all within what He has for godly women of course!

Obviously there's all the fruits of the Spirit that we all have been given if we are born of Him and yet we need to cultivate them. He gives us a deep love for those who love Him and we know there are many scriptures on how we should relate to one another in mercy and kindness and with a tender heart. So let us see who the Lord has made us and the gifts and abilities He has given and let us walk in them, crucifying the flesh and walking in the Spirit. 

For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: 

So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. 

Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

Romans 12:4-6  


When I'm so thankful for a blessing the Lord has given me I need to remind myself that it's the Lord's and He can take it away.

When I'm thankful for this blog to pour out at...I tell the Lord it's His.

When I'm thankful for my little refuge home...I tell the Lord it's His.

When I'm thankful for sisters in my life...I tell the Lord they're His.

This prepares my heart for if I have them no longer. He gives much...and let us be thankful and faithful with what He gives...but He can take away too. Let us still be thankful as He is always there if we are faithful to Him!

And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD. In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.

Job 1:21-22

I greatly appreciate the account of Job and the encouragement we can get from it. Maybe I can read that book too for my scripture readings coming up:-)


Matthew 6 reading here... 






Yeah that's something we want to be careful about even in our thoughts about others. We do not want to assume things are so. We can suspect but only God knows the truth and we may see our suspicion come true but let us not be foolish to make wrong judgments. 

Reminds me also about Jesus raising the standard of the law and making it even include thoughts. 

A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.

Proverbs 29:11



Some scriptures on salvation... 




I also share my email reply to a woman, in case it helps anyone else... 


"Yes the whole world is filled with satan's lie that sin doesn't separate us from God and cause us to be lost now. Yes it is the result of people only living by some of the Word, and does not satan himself use some of the Word? Read Matthew 4 for that.

While I cannot go deep into theology as a woman I will briefly address your points and share some links from a brother with you as I know you have no husband.

We have to remember that Jesus hadn't died and risen again in most of the gospels and Paul had the full revealed mystery of Christ crucified to preach! 

1 Corinthians 1:23
But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;


Revelation 20:11-12
And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

There is a judgement coming for all. We will be judged according to our works. 

That is very prideful that people think they don't need to be on guard, and that they have eternal life no matter what. It goes against so many scriptures to watch, fear God, work out salvation with fear and trembling, the righteous will scarcely be saved, abide in the Vine lest you be cut off and so very many more scriptures.

Here is a link with some scriptures with the word 'if' in them. There are conditions to salvation.

(link removed) 

I would encourage you to do a study on the word 'work' and such in the new testament scriptures. Keeping in mind some of it is referring to the Old Law which we do not live by but for sure we must obey the commands for us today as you will see in your study.

Here is a link to an article about that verse you mentioned about works being burned by fire. 

(link removed) 


Here is a link on what sealed means.

(link removed)
"

--------------


And I trust all I share here on my blog is being tested to the Word always by you, the readers. None of us are infallible although we try to be blameless best we can and I do test and judge myself first and modify my writings accordingly. And I trust any error would be brought to my attention as I am very strict on all I write and live being truthful to the Word. I do not want to mislead anyone. His Word is pure truth and we sisters strive to be too but can be wrong. 

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

1 Thessalonians 5:21


I've had a fruitful day in good works. I hope you sisters have too! 


She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard. She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.

Proverbs 31:16-17



She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
Proverbs 31:27


And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;
1 Thessalonians 4:11


We can be thankful to have the strength and health to do whatever we can do. One day it may be gone but we can do our best to be faithful with it while we have it. Our time is also the Lord's...and to be redeemed best we can.

Let us keep doing what is good no matter what! And keep doing what the Spirit leads us to do! Strive on sisters! 


🌻🌻🌻


Love in Christ, 

Sister Chayil 


Find the gospel to eternal life explained here

My biblical clothing shop here