The Lord Is My Rock


Greetings sister saints! 

How are you? 


Sometimes it's just refreshing to stop and think about our great God as our Rock, an anchor, and our peace especially when there is turmoil in our hearts or in the world around us. So I share a few verses to edify and encourage. 



For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

Psalm 31:3



He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

Psalm 62:2

 

I love that..."I shall not be greatly moved"! Let us hold on to Him and His truth sisters! 


Because I will publish the name of the Lord: ascribe ye greatness unto our God. He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Deuteronomy 32:3-4



To shew that the Lord is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.

Psalm 92:15



He isn't changing and is the truth. So much deception and compromise around us that we must cling to Him! Build our house upon the rock by being a hearer and a doer...not a hearer only. 


Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: 

He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. 

But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Luke 6:47-49


And if we are hearers and doers of Christ's commands we shall not be moved off our foundation in Him! 



Let us be doing all what is right in the sight of God sisters! 


All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

1 John 5:17



Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Acts 10:34-35



If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

1 John 2:29

 


Sometimes I share a collection of verses I come across or find. It can be like looking for treasures and finding great riches in encouragement and truth in His Word. And I share some here with you sisters but I'm sure you all have times when you find great riches and strength through His Word of truth. So sometimes I switch subjects abruptly...but that's ok I'm sure you don't mind:-)


We know that even our enemy the devil knows the scriptures don't we. We learn to hide God's Words in our heart through our knowledge of it over time and so we can contend for the faith whether that be in the ways we can for godly women or also in our own minds. Our mind can be a battlefield as we sort out truth from error and strive over our flesh. 


As we go about our lives we will face daily situations where we must learn how to respond. We don't all act the same way in all situations. This life calls for a range of responses of course. Of course we women aren't out doing exactly what the godly men can do but we know to be prepared because the enemy or people will be coming after us at some point. We have to be able to stand...in truth of course and we know to examine our own lives first and constantly. 


Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Ephesians 6:13



Gentleness, boldness, meekness, rebukes, and contending (and more) are all part of what we may need to do in this life in Christ. It's all in love. We know this matter of people's souls is a matter of eternal life or death. It has great urgency to it. Sometimes people may need to be awakened from their slumber. If the saints won't do it...who will? If the bridge was out down the road you wouldn't just talk softly to the people driving by, no. Praise God for those who are sounding the alarm while it's day, while there's time, before the judgment comes, as the waters of the flood, and takes them all away. 


For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Matthew 24:38-39


We sisters hope some lost sheep will hear the call that they are in great danger and repent. What great news of the gospel we have to proclaim! We know the way is narrow and few will find it but we can each do our part in whatever that is in each of our lives. 



Well I must go now sisters! Hope your day is joyous in the Lord and you are pressing through all things, running this race with patience and endurance. 



In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion. 

Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me. 

Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.

Psalm 71:1-3


Love in Christ, 

Sister Michaela 


Find the gospel explained here