Resting in God and Christ



Good day and greetings sisters! 


I have a simple post with some simple thoughts to ponder. 


"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Matthew 11:28-30


We can rest in Him in many ways. Most of all for our salvation. He will keep His covenant and will deliver us if we endure faithfully until the end. He is faithful! Let us trust Him! 


"There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief."

Hebrews 4:9-11


And we can trust the future to the Lord and strive not to worry about things that happen in our lives. 


"Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday. Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass."

Psalm 37:5-7


It's our faith in Him and believing that He is all that He said He was and has promised to those that love Him. 


A sister and I were sharing messages and she mentioned that...oh wait, let me share her words here to edify us all as I'm sure she won't mind at all:-) "One thing I learn as I grow in Christ is that when the storms come, no matter how hard they are, don't always look past or long for the otherside because there is much to be learned within them." Amen. I thought that was a good thing for us all to remember. Yes our flesh does not want to be there in the trials but if we look for good things to learn from them then we will grow stronger. 


And when the Lord corrects us...


"And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth."

Hebrews 12:5-6



"Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty:"

Job 5:17



And I borrowed this picture from the sister and added a scripture. I'm sure she will smile to see it here:-) 




And praise God for holiness!


"Rejoice in the Lord, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness."

Psalm 97:12


And praise Him that we can come to the Father through His Son! 


"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

John 14:6


Yet we must each come His way and not with our own made up ways. You can see the good news of eternal life here and examine your life deeply to see if you are in His truth. 


"He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Mark 7:6-9



"God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

John 4:24


Amen. Let us sisters follow His Word and seek His truth and not be deceived by all the lies around. 


Hold fast to the Word sisters, rest and trust in the Lord, and soon we shall all be with the Father if we endure through all this life. 


"He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."

Psalm 23:2-3


Love to you,

...from a daughter of the Lord


Find the gospel explained here also.