Hope Maketh Not Ashamed

 


Greetings sisters! 


I hope you are well in the Lord today. 


Today I wanted to share some scriptures to encourage us all in the great hope we can have in God and in Christ and of deliverance from the wrath to come. And indeed eternal life! We can trust all His promises! Praise Him! 


I was reading this scripture this morning and it got me started on this subject. 


"Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope. Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto thy statutes continually."

Psalm 119:116-117


And that verse reminded me of this kind of similar one. 

 

"And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."

Romans 5:3-5


And I know we can have such a bright hope in Christ. Of course we have to do our part and come through the gospel of faith in Him, repenting, being born by His Spirit, obeying Him in a holy life lived and endure all the way to the end. 


We can have confidence in God and not be ashamed! 

 

"For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day."

2 Timothy 1:12


And so I share a few of the many verses about hope. You can do your own study on it but it is very uplifting for sure. I hope all these can edify and encourage you sisters! 

 

"And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee."

Psalm 39:7 


There's so much about our hope being in God. So many put hope in many different things; a man in politics, in themselves to win or to look good, in freedom, in a better life here, and much more but ours must be in God Himself. 


"Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord."

Psalm 31:24



"But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more."

Psalm 71:14



"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God."

Psalm 43:5

 


(And thank you sister on the other side of the world for the pic of God's scenery:-)


That's a great thought in that Psalm, the Lord taking pleasure in those that fear Him. And then there is an opposite side to that of course. 


"The face of the Lord is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth."

Psalm 34:16


They don't have hope unless they repent...which God wants them to and so do we. 


"Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life."

Proverbs 13:12


Sisters, we know we can trust God. Humans fail but not God!


"Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;"

Romans 12:12


I like that. Rejoice in hope! Let us sisters do so! 



"We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you, Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints, For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;"

Colossians 1:3-5




"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;"

Titus 2:13




"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:"

1 Peter 3:15




"And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure."

1 John 3:3




"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

Romans 1:16


We are not hopeless; therefore we are not ashamed! 


And like brother Paul, we may end up in chains for this hope we have... 


"For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak with you : because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain."

Acts 28:20


But because we have such a hope we press on in faith of God who promised all these things and He cannot lie! I'm grateful to have such a hope...and it is available to all who will come. 


Alright sisters! I hope those could bless you. I'll leave you to your thoughts on hope...and Lord willing be back again tomorrow.


"That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;"

Hebrews 6:18-19


Amen! 


Love in Christ, our great hope


...from a daughter of God


See the biblical gospel here as we must come the right way or we are utterly hopeless.