Learning More Thankfulness

 



Good day sisters!


I pray you are striving on joyous in the Lord looking to things above. 


"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 

Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 

For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 

When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory."

Colossians 3:1-4



I have a simple post today with a few simple thoughts and scripture pictures. I'm battling a cold so I got in a lot of rest and such today...so not much Titus 2 things to share. 


But speaking of which I am so blessed. A sister in the Lord called me and read me many scriptures. Even though I couldn't talk to her because of my sickness she still talked to me and read the Word. Precious are the saints of God who love the Lord and love each other. And one of the scriptures she read was Titus 2.


She did what she could to relieve the afflicted...even if she's on the other side of the world.

 

"Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work."

1 Timothy 5:10

Thank you kind sister:-)


In the absence of cold fruit juice, I found this in the fridge and it helped soothe my throat. 



And one of my family bought me an elaborate lunch; lentil curry, fried egg, mushroom, and turkey bacon:-) I eagerly devoured it and was thankful. Praise God for good food!


All these sicknesses and trials that anyone faces do make us more thankful for when we don't have them. Of course we know we might never be free from them until eternity...but I try to learn thankfulness out of the ones I have which aren't bad really compared to some things that could and do happen.



There are many many things to learn from these things. Like being thankful for a good appetite and being able to keep food where it belongs (and not like when I had a stomach sickness the other week). We take many of these things forgranted daily. Or like waiting and waiting for someone who was supposed to bring you your main meal of the day and it never came and you weren't in a position to find much else to eat....well then you are much, much more thankful for a good meal and food when you can. And with a cold there's much to learn...just the fact that you don't normally have to suffer it and all the issues that can come. 

I know I'm blessed normally with a good life with food and raiment and a good place to shelter and to sleep and good health and strength and much more. And I am thankful...but I always look to learn more. The Lord has richly blessed us indeed.



And I was thinking of this account today. 


"And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. 

And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? 

Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. 

I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. 

As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

John 9:1-5


Imagine being that man blind from birth who was that way for this time for God's glory in healing him! 


And I like this too...


"But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timotheus shortly unto you, that I also may be of good comfort, when I know your state. 

For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state. 

For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's. 

But ye know the proof of him, that, as a son with the father, he hath served with me in the gospel. 

Him therefore I hope to send presently, so soon as I shall see how it will go with me. 

But I trust in the Lord that I also myself shall come shortly. 

Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants. 

For he longed after you all, and was full of heaviness, because that ye had heard that he had been sick. 

For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow. 

I sent him therefore the more carefully, that, when ye see him again, ye may rejoice, and that I may be the less sorrowful. 

Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness; and hold such in reputation: 

Because for the work of Christ he was nigh unto death, not regarding his life, to supply your lack of service toward me."

Philippians 2:19-30

Good examples for us of the early saints.


And thank you sister for these gifts.... 







The sister added scriptures to screenshots of a video I sent her in the pics below. May the Word of God bless you in all of these and His creation in different forms. 







For those obedient holy saints we can look forward to this when we overcome until the end.


"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;

and there shall be no more death, 

neither sorrow, 

nor crying,

neither shall there be any more pain: 

for the former things are passed away."

Revelation 21:4


Amen! 


Well until tomorrow Lord willing... 


Love in Christ, 

...from one of God's daughters


You can find the biblical gospel here. It's very important for us all.