Not a Picture of Ease...


I was just thinking how the picture described in scripture of a true follow of Christ's life is not one of ease. Praise God we can have peace in our hearts through it all but still it is a spiritual battle. We women must aim to be strong faithful soldiers through it all. Yes at times our minds can be battlegrounds as we face these things I know but keep pressing on by faith. There are so many words that imply this spiritual battle. You can find just a few in these scriptures I share. They might encourage you to be stronger in the Lord. They do that to me. 

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."
Ephesians 6:11-13







"Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway."
1 Corinthians 9:24-27



"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it."
Matthew 10:34-39

And I know there are many many more scriptures that tell us that it will be a life with tribulation and persecution with it. I'm sure you sisters know of more scriptures and have your favourite ones to strengthen you in this race. 

I know from my past, when I didn't fully know what I believe or God's Word, I just went along with others doing things that I now know are not things for biblical saints. That's the path of ease which will not lead to eternal life. Perhaps there are some readers who are recognising that in their own lives. It takes a lot of effort for sure to go against the current and it's a battle at times. But we don't just go along in the whirlpool with others anymore. We have gotten out of that by the power of God and our will, and as we obey the gospel we push forward to be obedient not allowing others to tempt us into compromise. 

Praise God for giving us His Spirit...

In this battle and race of faith we may have to be alone with not too many fellow soldiers around us. I am extremely blessed (to say the least) to know just a few true saints who are holy in all their ways and striving daily to be. Honestly, God's true people are SO VERY rare! They are precious. I treasure those I know. I think of them all, Christ's people, rare though they be striving in whatever place on this earth the Lord has them in. In God's providence if we know of others we can all help each other along on this narrow road to eternal life. 

"Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God."
2 Corinthians 1:3-4


Yes if the Lord has blessed us with other believers who truly want to follow and obey God then we can all encourage one another to press on...in this race, this battle, this fight of faith. May the power of God be shown in our lives. 


And I share Jesus' words...for those who love Him and are His disciples. 


Yes even in the midst of the hottest battle we can have a peace that only God can give. 



I am blessed to have a lot of times of peace...and yes I have ones of battle too. It's often a battle in the mind and with the flesh...and sometimes with the trials we face with others who are not following Christ. Yes it can be a trial to have to hear and see the sin around us just as righteous Lot was vexed. We are in this world but not a part of it. But we can walk through pure and unspotted shining our light of Christ so God is glorified. 



We can refresh in God's creation too. That's a peaceful and pure thing to do in this dark world. 


Or do some farm work...


Or look after precious little ones...


As godly women and keepers of the home, the Lord knows what we need and if we look we can find pure and good and useful things to do as we labour and strive to live holy for our Lord and Saviour. 


Sisters, or readers whoever you may be, I pray that you are not expecting to enter the kingdom of God without a great fight. We must obey the gospel and with it will come a loosing of your own life. 

But Christ is worthy of our ALL!

Love in Christ,

...from a fellow sister soldier

Fight on!

Be strong!

...in the Lord. 

See the gospel to eternal life here