Today's Edification (29 September 2024)


Greetings sister saints around the world! 

Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Philippians 1:2 


I am back again here and you are too! When things are going along normal it's not to be taken forgranted either as we know life can change and have trials in it. But whatever the Lord has for us is good too as He is always there so we don't need to worry about things! But that can be easier said than done but it comes down to truly believing in Him, trusting and obeying as He told us to cast our cares upon Him. But it's good to remember to be thankful for the things in our lives that always seem to be there! 

I was thinking how having the written Word of God in itself is definitely not something to take lightly at all. It's a very precious gift and it is possible it could be taken away from us sometime. But we have His Word in our hearts but still our memory can fail us and we know we feed on His Word every day and it guides and refreshes and corrects us. But we do know it is a faith that works by love so that sums up a lot for how we are to live! We love God first and others second. But let's be thankful for it sisters and not take it lightly. 

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Timothy 3:16-17

It is profitable for many things and helps us be perfected and throughly furnished unto all good works! 

With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Psalm 119:10-11

I know it is spirit and truth worship we practice but God's written Word is so important and it is a sharp sword as well and part of our armour. 

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Ephesians 6:17


And as Jesus used it to combat satan's scripture twisting as well...so can we. 

Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
Matthew 4:7 


So may we feed on His Word sisters! And use it as our defense in this world of that which isn't truth! His Word is pure truth! 

I was also thinking how many many people say they live by the Word. But it has to be it all that applies today doesn't it and also people may say they do but in practice they don't. We know all people can fail in living it out well but it's also key how they react to failure isn't it whether they take it flippantly or are sorrowful and humbled and repentant to do better. We have to take these matters seriously don't we sisters as they are the most important matters in life. Let us keep pressing on in the truth after Christ who is the Word made flesh! 


I was thinking of this scripture and how something as forsaking a saint, Paul wanted it not to be laid to their charge... 

At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.
2 Timothy 4:16-17

But God was with Him! He also talked about someone not being ashamed of his chain. 

The Lord give mercy unto the house of Onesiphorus; for he oft refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain: 

But, when he was in Rome, he sought me out very diligently, and found me. 

The Lord grant unto him that he may find mercy of the Lord in that day: and in how many things he ministered unto me at Ephesus, thou knowest very well.

2 Timothy 1:16-18 

Just interesting to ponder on I guess! Always different angles and aspects to dig into in His Word and what people did and said. 



Time for a picture dump from my past busy days! Perhaps you like to just see a glimpse into some things here or what I see in my corner of the earth. All the gory to God for all things He has made and that He allows us to do!



This was a small mountain right near a town I was in so I had a quick look before moving on. 
All the different things in His creation are amazing! There's still peaceful and good things in this crazy world which has a lot of violence and other evils in it. Let us look to our Saviour and wait and long for His coming to set things right one day! He reigns! 


I would share apricot and applesauce muffins too... 

Thankful for a jar of applesauce I canned last season and here's next season's apples in the making... 


Amazing how He set it up and we also have to patiently wait for the precious fruit of the earth. 
Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. 

Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

James 5:7-8


Mulch is pretty much essential for conserving water especially if you cant be watering for long periods of time (like when I'm away at the children's)... 
It's amazing how much of a difference it makes! The sun on bare soil just causes so much heat and evaporation so I'm thankful for mulch even if it's just grass clippings. 


Reptiles of various sorts are coming out here including snakes. 

Much more vigilance needed in doing things around the place. 

Good food blessings from the land... 


I was blessed with three cleaning jobs on three consecutive days. 
Lots of little windows to clean on this one. I just use a homemade spray mix of dishwashing liquid, vinegar, water, and yep some cornflour (you can find recipes online) along with my trusty super fine steel wool and paper towels (usually actually the cheaper the better of those as they're more like paper and leave less lint!). You probably well know how challenging windows can be to get them clean and streak free! Just maybe sharing some tips to help you:)

This was another one of an ocean front two-story house... 
And no it's not a time to just look at and appreciate the view as sometimes when you're starting a big job it can seem almost overwhelming but you tell yourself 'one thing at a time' and you always get there and rejoice when it's done and can hardly believe it, lol! But the woman paid me some extra as she appreciated the work so that was nice of her. While we get the reward of pay after doing our work, we too will receive our reward from the Lord when our life is over! Just as it's important to do well in physical jobs, so too it is more important to make sure we 'strive lawfully' to obtain our incorruptible crown amen sisters?! 
No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.
2 Timothy 2:4-5

Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 

And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
1 Corinthians 9:24-25


But having to press on in our work, reminds me of how that is the same in our faith life how our life can seem long but one day or even minute at a time sometimes and if we are faithful in little it will amount to a life of faithfulness! Let us not grow weary in any well doing! Strive on sisters! There is never a time to lay aside our armour and think we don't have to be on guard and wary and pondering and correcting our actions and such like. 


Lots of fabric washing went on here... 

Many blessings in a simple picture! Water and sunshine and fresh air blessings and more! And actually, my cleaning jobs allow me to buy so much fabric in advance, so that's a blessing too as fabric isn't really cheap even if you buy it on sale most times but not too bad I guess at least what I use. 

I was thankful to find the dark brown fabric for headcoverings in a store several weeks ago so I bought a large amount while I could and got to sew them and add them to my store too. 


I even sewed a skirt for myself which is rare but some of mine were getting worn so I did. It's also a good time to test different fabrics so this seemed to work well with a thicker denim so it is a good work or winter skirt. 

Hope to add them to my store in time...Lord willing! 


I did get a skirt sewn for my shop too... 


So I'm thankful for whatever I can get done. 

And I now have a large stash of fabric washed and waiting to be sewn into skirts, shirts, and headcoverings whenever I have the time! 

My store has been getting kind of cleared out of some things so hopefully I can add some more as soon as I can even if that's not very soon! We just do what we can and are so limited unlike our God who can do everything and anything at once! 


When the electricity goes out in the main house when you've started cooking a meal then that can be a problem! Thankful for a gas stove in my little caravan refuge to finish it off! 
Nice to have more than one way to do basic necessities. Life these days is usually so set up around electricity

And if this doesn't sound cozy with the rain on the roof too I don't know what does! 



And here's a dawn chorus of beautiful birds one morning... 


Peaceful. And God's mercies are new every morning too! And His creations are good and beautiful in this troubled world. Glory to Him! 

Just a peaceful view... 

And no that's not that cow's calf like it may look like. Just makes me think how things can look like something when they aren't and how in relation to humans we don't want to falsely judge as the story can be much different than it appears! It's easy to assume things but we can be so wrong sometimes but the Lord knows all things! 

Calf coming for his milk... 


Just reminds me too how we are to grow on the milk of the Word and greatly desire it! 

As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
1 Peter 2:2-3


Well I guess that's all for today sisters! Just catching up I guess on all good, pure, and true things! 


I leave you with a sunset... 


I have travel back to the children's by bus tomorrow so Lord willing I shall be back here after that. I normally get to work on my post to redeem the time on the 3 hour trip too if it's not too distracting. Depends if you have someone making noise around you. But good practice at focusing if so I guess. I'm sure I'll have something to share from His Word as there's always something! 

Keep striving on my sisters! Let us keep valuing that which is most important and eternal and the Lord will provide all we need. 

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Matthew 6:33-34


Much love to you in His name, 

Sister Chayil 


Find the path to eternal life explained here

My biblical clothing shop here