Today's Edification (24 June 2024)


Greetings sisters! 

A new day to serve the One who created us and loved us and came to die for us! 

As I was getting up this morning I was pondering the joy of serving our risen Saviour! So I got some scriptures on that and read them to us here... 


I hope those were encouraging to remember our hope of the resurrection in Christ and to keep abiding in Him! 

Let us keep following after Him in doing our reasonable service and duty which glorifies Him. We need all of eternity to praise Him enough though...so let's strive to please Him here so we can glorify Him for eternity there! 


In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. 
Ephesians 1:13-14
Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
1 John 5:1

He gives those who truly believe in the true Saviour the true Holy Spirit! There's fakes of all of those so let us live by all His Words! Truth matters. 


One thing that can get to me, if I let it, is why two people who say they love God and all truth and obedience don't talk to each other. But such is life sometimes and I guess it could be caused by flesh and sin, or a misunderstanding of the scriptures or something. But we can only do our best and our part and yes there are some things we just won't understand in this life! God knows! Some things are too mind boggling, as there is a lot like that really in this crazy (for want of a better word) world we live in, so I guess we just can't try to figure them out. I'm glad God's going to deal with this all as He is a just judge and knows the depths of the human heart and motives. I just hope we all strive on with a pure heart and seeking His forgiveness and showing us what we lack or may be blind in and doing our best...for His glory! May we all...few though we be...go on to perfection and strive to attain. 


At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.
2 Timothy 4:16-17

May the Lord be our strength and may we stand on His side! And I'm thankful for those who are humble and love one another and help build up one another in the faith especially in these last days of there being so very few who want all truth and righteousness. One day those who obeyed Him will be gathered home together! There will be no sin there and we shall be like the angels of God! 

Hmm we know there won't be marriage in heaven but if we're like the angels I was wondering if we even will be sisters (or the men brothers) in heaven. Just pondering that and if the scriptures tell us or is that something we assumed? 🤔 Well I know we'll still be children of God but interesting to ponder. We get new resurrected bodies which I wasn't thinking that they're male or female as flesh and blood doesn't inherit the kingdom so perhaps we're just sisters on earth:-) I'm just pondering on it. Anyway there's so many things we may not fully know until we get there I guess...IF...we endure to the end as I sure plan to and I hope you all do too. 


To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Ecclesiastes 3:1

We know Solomon spoke about times and seasons for different things. And we see how that is in our lives...things never stay exactly the same. It may seem like they do for a long while but whatever the Lord has for us we need to be content and thankful and rejoicing in! Let us keep being faithful in what He has for us and in front of us. Doesn't mean we can't look to see if there's anything else we could be doing within the means He has given us and if it is within scripture for us to do so but we do not want to be discontent or complaining about what He has for us. Oh yes we can pray for things as He does say to take our requests to the Lord but we need to leave them there with Him and keep focusing on what He has given us to do. Keep being faithful in your own lives my sisters! 

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; 

Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. 

But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

Colossians 3:23-25


Just like the look of the silky pureed pumpkin... 



I'd serve you a piece of warm pumpkin bread if you like! 



And thankful to be getting to use the tomatoes I froze. 'Fresh' summer garden produce in winter is an extra blessing! 


I put them in the tuna grills to have with pumpkin soup. 

Good blessings and the Lord provides! 


This was a rainstorm coming in today... 



Amazing creations He made! Clouds bringing life giving water. 

We don't want to be spiritual 'clouds without water' though....
These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
Jude 1:12

 


Let us remember the exceeding great and precious promises of the Lord for His people. Of course we need to make sure we are eligible for the promises but if we are in all the truth of Christ we are! 

Let us be patient for many of these promises and wait on the Lord, day by day. 

And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise. 
Hebrews 6:15


Press on my sisters...as good soldiers of His! 


Love in our risen Saviour, 

Sister Chayil 


Find the path to eternal life explained here

My biblical clothing shop here