Pumpkin Soup


Greetings fellow keepers of the home sisters! 


Today I'm sharing a simple pumpkin soup recipe. I kind of can't believe I haven't shared one before as it usually is the most often soup I make. Maybe I did share it within a post once but want to do a separate one here. 

I know soups are super easy to make and you may not need a recipe but wanted to share anyway. 

There's a few varieties I make so I'll share the simple one and then some varieties if you have a lot of pumpkin and want some variety in tastes. 


To make a big pot... 

2 large onions, sliced

half a large pumpkin, cubed (around 3kg)

Garlic (a few cloves chopped or a tsp of dry) 
 
salt to taste (tsp or so) 

(You can add a few potatoes too if you like.)

Add all to a pan. Add water or broth or stock to about three quarters the way up the vegetables in the pan and heat until everything is soft. (You don't have to cut everything fine as you will blend it at the end.) 


(I'm making the lentil and turmeric variety below.) 

You can first fry the onion (then add everything else) while you're chopping the pumpkin if you prefer. Fried onion does add a nice flavour but depends what you have the time or want to do I guess:-) 

Blend with a stick blender. 


Here are a few separate varieties I use which can be added to the basic version... 

1) add about one cup of dry red lentils and a few teaspoons of turmeric

2) add a few teaspoons of ground cumin and coriander

3) add coconut cream or milk at the end. You could add this to any of the varieties though. 

And of course you can add milk or sour cream or cream too. And serve with buttered toast or whatever! 





Hope that helps or gives you an idea to use your pumpkin/s! Or squash as some of you call them:-) Good healthy blessings from the Lord! 


Love in Christ, 

Sister Chayil 


Find the good news to eternal life explained here

My biblical clothing shop here