Today's Edification (24 April 2024)


Greetings sisters who love the Lord! 


But if any man love God, the same is known of him.
1 Corinthians 8:3
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
John 14:15
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Hebrews 12:6
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28
Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Jude 1:21
Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.
Ephesians 6:24


All awesome scriptures there! Let's keep loving Him and walking after His ways, sisters! 

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 

He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

John 14:23-24

I love that...God coming unto him and abiding with him...those who love Him and keep His words that is. We know He gives the Spirit to those who obey Him! 


I ponder this scripture sometimes... 

But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. 
1 Corinthians 4:3

And how man's words really do not matter. Man's words may bring condemnation to others and be destructive and make us feel hopeless. But we must keep pressing on as there is always hope in our Lord if we're striving after Him with a pure heart. He wants none to perish. We must not get our value with what we perceive is an 'important' life either or what others suggest to us. Jesus said the greatest is to serve and we all especially as women are called to do that in numerous ways. And we know we are not perfect and it can be discouraging just knowing that and keeping fighting but it's all worth it amen sisters. Christ is worthy and the reward worth fighting for! Press on sisters, press on! Be of good courage! 

Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.
Psalm 31:24 

Let us have strong faith in the Lord and be careful we don't doubt Him and what He can save us from if we think there isn't hope. He is a mighty Saviour and a loving one. And it isn't by our works we're saved but we must do our best to obey because of the living faith we have and He knows and sees our heart. 

Here's an encouraging scripture... 

That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 

May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. 

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 

Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. 

Ephesians 3:16-21


I hope all your godly woman works are going well sisters. We know there is much repetition in this life. I remember that God made man to work in the beginning and although we sisters are labouring for the eternal most of all through all we do it's good to remember that doing what the Lord originally made us to do is good too and brings Him glory! Keep pressing on in all those repetitous things that we need to do every day or several times or more each day! There are many repetitive things in God's creation itself...the sun and moon comes up each day and they go down and many things repeating over the years also. There is order in that. Let's keep repeating all the good things we need to do also! Don't grow weary down here sisters though we're looking for a better place to come...it's not yet so we need to be thankful and content down here while our faith is being proved. And we want to overcome and I want all my sisters to also. 

And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.
Exodus 20:20


And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.
Deuteronomy 8:2


Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
Deuteronomy 13:3


Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.
Psalm 26:2


Let us overcome in our Saviour and with His truth! 


Using up several lots of leftover porridge/oatmeal to make pancakes for lunch...



This was really making my math brain hurt though. Maybe you sisters can identify:-) I needed 2 tablespoons of baking powder for the pancakes and needed to make some up. 


And then you work out whether the recipe is using the English or metric tablespoon, the first is 3 tsp or the second 4tsp per tblsp. I figured it was English. And then so that's 6 tsp of baking powder I needed. So half a tsp times six and a quarter teaspoon times six. Well that's not so hard to work out once you get to that but my head's still foggy and hurts about that lol. So after forcing my brain hard, I figured I need 3 tsp and 1.5 tsp respectively and that's what I did and it worked. Just sharing as I'm sure you can relate:-) Or maybe some of you have sharper brains...be thankful if you do but I'm thankful enough for being able to do whatever I can. We all have innumerable blessings in the Lord! Let us focus on these and not on what we don't have or can't do. 


That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Philippians 3:10

Jesus said "because I live, ye shall live also." (John 14:19b) Let us hope in Him and the resurrection to come! Praise God we have a faithful High Priest and an intercessor in Him. 

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
Hebrews 7:25

Thankful also for the Spirit helping our infirmities and interceding for us also. 

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 

And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Romans 8:26-27


Truly...God is our Helper. We are most hopeless without Him. 


Keep fighting the good fight of faith sister soldiers! Hold fast. 


The Lord bless you sisters. 

Love in Him, 

Sister Chayil 


Find the gospel to eternal life explained here

My biblical clothing shop here