Today's Edification (22 April 2024)


Greetings sisters! 


God gave us life and breath another day and so much mercy and hope in Him! Let us go forth in our days doing our best for Him who is so worthy! We need Him! 

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
John 15:4

I hope you're all striving on sisters! And doing well. I'm blessed to be back again pouring out here to you. I'm really thankful for this outlet:-) I know I'd feel like I could explode and feel all bottled up if I couldn't talk to my sisters about the things of the Lord somehow. So I do what I can, while I can as unto the Lord and hopefully someone is edified. But the Word is always the best and I'm sure you all test everything I write or speak on audio, to the Word as I am always doing to myself but I'm fallible. But I love the truth and will gladly correct any mistakes. We do not want to speak something false against the Lord. We do our best and the Lord knows and sees. 


Part of following Jesus is surely obeying these scriptures... 

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Matthew 5:43-45

In our faith life we know we will run across...enemies, those who curse us, those that hate us, those who despitefully use us, and those who persecute us. 

What are we to do? 

*Love them. 
*Bless them. 
*Do good to them. 
*Pray for them. 

Those are commands, right my sisters, so let's strive our best to obey them that we may be the Father's children! 

We may also follow our Master in this... 

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. 
(Luke 23:34a) 

It's a high calling but one we must follow as His sheep! I'm encouraging us all to be 'good' as Titus 2 commands for us women. Well the Lord commands of course but it's in Titus chapter 2. May the Lord give us good words to speak to others or none if that's the better option sometimes as Jesus did. And may we do good to others too if we have the opportunities.

Goes along with this... 

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 

Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 

Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. 

Romans 12:19-21

Vengeance and repaying others for evil to us is God's job...as is the final judgement His. 

Also reminds me of this account and what we don't want to even think like... 

And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem. 

And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? 

But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. 

For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village. 

Luke 9:53-56

Let us follow our Master when He walked the earth, who is our Lord, and our utterly pure and perfect example. 

Reminds me of this scripture how we are to serve others instead... 

Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. 

If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. 

For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you. 

John 13:13-15



Let us 'do' them also! 

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
James 1:22


And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1 John 3:22


We can remember the sisters who were dragged off to prison for their faith in Christ. 

And I persecuted this way unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women.
Acts 22:4

So too we all have to be ready for that even though we all live in relatively 'safe' countries today. And no, even if you were a godly woman at home...you would not have escaped as it says about every house being searched in zeal to destroy Christ's followers. 

As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.
Acts 8:3

They had to die for their faith which means they stood fast and firm and would not deny Him... 

Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them. 
Acts 26:10

Praise God that one of the persecutors became our brother Paul though! Nothing is impossible with God! 

And we know women continued to be prisoners for the faith... 

Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.
Romans 16:7

So let us remember the potential cost of following Christ and not be surprised if this world we know changes and we have to face physical persecution. It would be just part of our reasonable service and duty and a cause of rejoicing though! And we don't need to worry about it today how we will respond, feel, endure, or what we will say as the Lord will help us and give us all we need when and if we need it! Oh yes even today we may have to face 'persecution' in varying degrees even if that's just words against us which can be hurtful and hard to deal with also but we press on for Him forgiving and doing good like in those scriptures I shared about earlier! God's ways work wonderfully if followed and we can only do our best and our part. 


I was looking up just a 'scripture or two' on the Lord leading, to send to a sister, and I found more and more awesome ones, which was  like finding treasures and sometimes you just have to share a LOT! So I wanted to include the lot here too as they're good! God is good. 


And there's more you can go look up to be encouraged in too! Let us be glad followers of Him! 

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
Ephesians 5:1-2

We allow Him to lead and guide and not follow after our own ways and timing too. Yes and even if He leads us in the same duties and responsibilities each day we know He leads us in how we do everything we do too and helps us obey His ways. We read His Word for guidance. 

He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.
Isaiah 40:11


I read some scriptures on edification here...

That moon picture is around where I was talking to you this evening. Peaceful. 




Hold fast sisters and press on! Lord willing I will be back sharing tomorrow to edify and bless you some more. 


My love be with you all in Christ Jesus. Amen.
1 Corinthians 16:24


Grace to you in Christ, 

Sister Chayil 


Find the gospel to eternal life explained here

My biblical clothing shop here