Today's Edification (2 April 2024)


Greetings sisters! 


Another day to serve our great God of hope! 

The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.
Psalm 147:11


Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.
Psalm 42:5

Hope in Him sisters! We may be hopeful for things on this earth...but He is our only real hope! And through His Son we can have the hope of salvation! 

But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
1 Thessalonians 5:8



Morning window view. Peaceful. Got to be cozy with a bit of rain on the roof. Shelter is a great extra blessing! 


And see a pretty rainbow creation... 


God's promises are sure! Man's are not. But we say the Lord's will be done and we want to mean what we say to the best of our ability. 


And I read you some scriptures on the majesty of God! 



And here's Proverbs 19 & 20 readings...


Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the LORD, and he shall save thee.
Proverbs 20:22
Let us keep waiting on the Lord sisters! Let us not take things in our own hands or think what we want and our timing is best...it isn't. God knows best. 

I appreciate this account and was pondering it. It is about the man born blind (who Jesus healed) and the Pharisees who got mad at him. 

They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.  

Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God? 

He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him? 

And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee. 

And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

John 9:34-38


All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
John 6:37

That's very comforting sisters. God is too good to us. 

Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.
Romans 15:7

Think how the Lord receives us! And we ought also to receive His saints...His dear children...who love Him and are striving on. 

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
Ephesians 5:1-2


I had to run some helper errands today. 

My gospel cards came in the mail so I'm thankful about that and am ready to go in that area again. I got to give a few out and put some up too. 


Someone had put some rock paintings around the park so I thought if they could do that so could I put out something even better... 

It's the precious truth...even if most people count it as trash. 



Here's some bird and flower creations... 

Those birds really are a nuisance in the area as they damage things but either way they're His creations and man just needs to take dominion over them.

 


I 'donated' a gospel 'bookmark' in the op shop:-)


Well the only book we saints really read is THE Book and a gospel card sure would make the best book mark for that! (and just to clear up what I said...yes I think there may be a place for a few recipe books and maybe things that can teach you necessary skills like gardening or sewing and some simple nature children's books or such like good pure and true things not fantasy and fiction or false doctrine etc and things like concordances are good but no, no need for all those time wasting false books around is what I meant.) 

We sisters feed on the Word don't we and love it. It's so pure and good in such a dark nasty world. Absolutely nothing compares to it! 
Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Proverbs 30:5
Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.
Psalm 119:140


Got a batch of apple sauce canned... 


And used up some remaining in this 'two ingredient' cake... 

Well it's technically meant to just have applesauce and coconut flour but if you make your own applesauce you can add sweetener and cinnamon or whatever. (If you want to know the recipe, it's 1 cup applesauce and 1/2 cup coconut flour...that's it. You don't even bake it, just press it into a pan and refrigerate but you can bake it if you like. I added the icing which has lemon and passionfruit in:-) No it's not exactly like regular cake but if you like simple and quick like me then that's why you'd do it! I would share. 




One more day is gone for me. Some days seem more fruitful than others even if you're working and busy all the time. But that's life and let's see what tomorrow has and I hope you're all striving on. I really do think of you all and hope you're striving on after the Lord and growing in His holy ways. Well I can't really think of people I don't know about who may be reading but the ones I know about I do think about. I will keep praying for you too. I hope most of all that you strive on and one day be gathered with the Lord free from all these earthly trials and the battles of the flesh. 

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
Revelation 7:9-10


Hold fast sisters...to the Lord and His written Word of truth! 


Love in Christ, 

Sister Chayil 


Find the gospel to eternal life explained here

My biblical clothing shop here