Today's Edification (7 March 2024)

 


Saluting my sisters who do the will of God!

I trust you're pressing on by faith on this day 7th of March 2024 AD, that we won't get ever again! 

🌻☀🌻☀🌻☀


This verse was in my mind when I woke up... 

The mighty God, even the LORD, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof.
Psalm 50:1


And I was wondering if the Lord gives us gifts of scriptures to comfort us sometimes:-) He is mighty! And we get to know and serve Him! That's awesome we can even get to be His daughters. We are rich! We serve the greatest and richest King ever! 

Thou shewest lovingkindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, the Mighty God, the LORD of hosts, is his name,
Jeremiah 32:18


For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6


Each new day is one to rejoice in because of His mercy and faithfulness!


I read some scriptures on the lovingkindness of God!



This sure is an interesting portion of scripture... 
And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. 

And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD? 

Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say. 

And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send. 

And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart. 

And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do.

And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God.
Exodus 4:10-16
God has made us all...as He Himself said He made the dumb also. And He can use all of His people no matter what, from the dumb to the eloquent speakers! Yep I am of no eloquent speech either but neither do I have the major position that Moses had of leading God's people. Let us not fight against God but let Him use and mold us how He wants us as we strive to be godly in all ways. He is the Potter and we the clay. 


I was also pondering on how we could stumble a weak believer today without realising it. I read Matthew 18 yesterday and it talked about how Jesus said it would be better to have a millstone around your neck and be drowned in the ocean than to offend a little one. (yes Jesus' words...showing the seriousness of it) 

And I was thinking about what Paul said also... 
But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ. Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.
 1 Corinthians 8:12-13
So I always hope I never am overlooking something that could be stumbling. I pray the Lord would reveal anything and I'm sure you do too also sisters. So many different things to ponder and make sure we're clear in matters. 
Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
Matthew 18:7-8
Radical action needs to be taken against not stumbling others or sinning in other ways. 



I like to ponder each of my ministries and make sure I am keeping up on being faithful in them all. 

1) I have my blog to edify and love any sisters who may read and also hopefully it is a help to seekers and anyone else. In fact I just heard from a woman today who I had to contact about her headcovering order who said she was a single mother homeschooling and my blog was a great blessing to her. So you don't know who is watching. Sometimes God let's us see who may be reaping some benefits of our labours sometimes but we just keep going knowing our labours aren't in vain in Him! 

2) I have my biblical sewing shop I want to keep active, stocked, and do the best in it and the gospel goes out there. 

3) Online gospel ministry of emailing out the gospel. Do as much of that as I can while it's day while still being wise on how it is done and working within limitations there. 

4) My serving those immediately in my life and how I need and want to be a good witness in that and do whatever is my responsibility well and as best as I can in the situations. 

5) Whenever I do go out in the world always be ready with gospel cards. And prepared in heart to give an answer. Just being friendly and looking for any opportunity. 


These are not in any order of importance and obviously our life with the Lord comes first as we are only responsible for ourselves in the end and that is not selfish but just making sure we are doing what we were created for which is to glorify God and obey Him which is our love for and faith in Him. 

I'm sure all you sisters are doing the same too in your lives. And you may have different ones of course like the ministry of being a wife and or mother and you're making sure you're keeping up on those duties too. We have to balance out all these things and keep checking that we haven't slipped in one area or more. But that's our reasonable service and we don't want to grow lukewarm or lazy ever. Much to ponder on 🤔 and then get to work on things...actions. 


Next psalm readings here...



And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 

For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
Luke 21:34-36
Cares of this life...yeah we don't want them to overwhelm us do we. Obviously we have to deal with many things in this life but they need to be in their place. 

I was thinking of that word snare too. There are many for us to watch out for. 

The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
Proverbs 14:27 

But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
1 Timothy 6:9

The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.
Proverbs 29:25

Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
1 Timothy 3:7



You can find my simple posts on canning here and sun-drying here


I'm thankful for many things! Most of all for being able to exist and know the Lord and His Saviour He sent for us! Thankful for His Word and Spirit and awesome ways to walk in through obedience. And that we get to glorify Him in that. Thankful for food and raiment and many extra blessings. Thankful for the hope to come of one day being with Him if I endure which I plan to and He has to help me do that! I'm sure you sisters are also thankful for many things. We could be here all day mentioning them all and going into all the details...but in short...we are very blessed of the Lord! Praise Him! (cuz we don't deserve one thing...except death and darkness and destruction) 




Strive on! His grace is sufficient! 


Peace & joy in Him, 

Sister Chayil 


Find the gospel to eternal life explained here

My biblical clothing shop here