Today's Encouragement (17 October 2023)


Greetings sisters! 

I hope you are thriving in the Lord today! 

For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. 

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 

Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Colossians 2:5-7

I love that scripture! 


Some sisters and I had a great talk last night about some of the good things that can come out of trials (if we let them and press through them). There could be a very long list though of many things that are good for us in trials. And really you can't think of anything 'bad' except there could be damage to our physical body or the greater chance of stumbling in the faith but overall trials are very good for us amen sisters. And many of these would be direct trials because of our faith, along with the physical ones in our earthly tabernacle of our body. 

Here are some of the good things coming out of trials that I could think of... 

*Crucifying the flesh, denying self, taking up our stake daily 

*Purifying us

*Teaching us many lessons

*Helping us look forward to and prepare for the next life 

*Cause of rejoicing (we are commanded to rejoice in them) 

*Reminds us that God's Word is true as He told us there would be many trials 

*Glorifies God

*Reminds us that we are in Christ (we can't have Him without the sufferings) 

*Improves our patience, contentment, thankfulness, and endurance

*Helps us be poor in spirit and humble

*Prepares us to help others


I'm sure you can think of many more and specific examples to them all as well as scriptures. We as saints want to have the mind of Christ and not be living after our fleshly selfish mind when we face trials whatever they may be. 

Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: 

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

1 Peter 1:6-7


Your flesh may fight against the trials but your spirit knows to submit to the hand of the Father who is good to His children and rejoices in the good coming from them!

But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

1 Peter 4:13



In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

Psalm 62:7 


(Thank you for the scripture sister...all we have is all about Him!) 

Let's keep abiding in Christ sisters! And bearing much good fruit! 

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

John 15:4-5

🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇


Love in Christ, 

Sister Chayil 


Find the gospel to eternal life through Christ explained here.

Scripture reading audios by book here