Today's Edification (19th December)

 


Greetings in Him sisters! And amen what blessings we have from our God...peace and love and faith. 


I looked up a few verses with the word consider and share a few for our daily sisterly  encouragement. 


Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?

Luke 12:27-28


Right we can consider the creation and faithfully trust in our God to provide us with necessary things. 





And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

Hebrews 10:24



We love that one don't we sisters because we do our best to do that often. 






For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

Hebrews 12:3


That's an encouragement knowing all our Saviour endured for us.


There are many things for us to consider in this life isn't there sisters. 



I thought of this verse today... 


I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me. I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred.

Psalm 39:1-2


And I'm sure it's sometimes what you sisters feel like. Sometimes when we have to be around the people of this world (including people claiming Christ and living in sin) they all go about talking of idle things a lot. There's such a huge gap between those born of God and those not that we just best be silent and go about our business...heartily and joyously as unto the Lord. All our words do matter and oftentimes less is better than to say a whole lot of words that really don't mean a lot. Goes along with us having a meek and quiet spirit too. We can think of our Saviour too standing before His accusers silent. He could have easily defended Himself too but He did not. God knows the truth of all things and that is always a great comfort. The people who are not born of the Spirit will have a hard time understanding the life we live but that's ok because we need to live for God and not worry about what other people think of us. If we have shared the truth of the gospel with those in our lives and they don't want to hear it well we have done our part and we ourselves must please the Lord and focus on Him not people. Those who are seeking truth will know where to come if they ever want more truth. And why? Because we aren't to hide our light under a basket but shine it through our good works so the Father is glorified! 


God has been good to me to give me a few close sisters who I treasure and communicate much with daily. We understand each other well and can relate on so much because of the Spirit and Word. We are centered around Christ and the holy life He calls us to. What a blessing this is because so few want to have God first in their lives. He's just a side 'add-on' and sadly they believe it's an automatic thing they get to just believe in Jesus and they don't have to put in a great deal of effort themselves. Not for salvation itself of course but because of our faith in Christ. He has done so much for us! We have our part to do for sure! We can just see the scriptures packed full of commands and warnings and encouragement to endure! And we're blessed with specific ones for us women too. 


I think it's funny because I've been a rather quiet person all my life but I've come to appreciate talking to my sisters even if I've never met them:-) Love for God and His holy saints overcomes much! We are blessed to send audios back and forth daily and read scriptures to one another and it's so encouraging. Though we are all scattered on this earth and few and far between God gave us the blessing of technology to use for good and His glory! And we surely have a fervent love. 


Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 

Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Titus 2:12-14


I love that and us sisters are surely zealous of good works! We love the Lord and want to keep His ways. It's so refreshing to see because it's so rare. 




More awesome blessings from the garden... 


Thanks be to God for all things He created and provides. 



I thought this was a nice picture. A tiny tomato plant barely surviving with only a few leaves yet it was producing much fruit... 


Maybe it reminds us how even if we can be weak in body with weaknesses and sickness, we're still bearing much fruit:-) Or something Iike that. 


Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

John 15:8


Christ's disciples....that's what we are to be if we believe Him. And we deny ourselves and take up our cross and follow Him. We get to be sisters in His family and daughters of the most High God!


Until tomorrow Lord willing sisters, you hold fast and keep shining your light, being salt, and standing firm on the truth! 



Much love in Christ to you, 

Sister Michaela 


Find the gospel explained here