Friends

 


Hello sisters! 


How are you? I do hope you are all strong in the faith! 


A sister sent me this scripture picture today (Thank you sister. It's beautiful:-)... 



And here's what follows... 

Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. 

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

John 15:14-15



We see there who Jesus' friends really are...those who do His commands. But I thought about this subject of friends in the bible. 


And this one is a bit similar to the one above...about why Abraham was a friend of God. 


Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 

And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. 

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

James 2:22-24



So I looked up some more verses with the word friend in it and I will share some in this post. And we can be edified and encouraged in them. 


And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 

But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Luke 12:4-5


I'm glad the Lord told us all He did! 

 




My sisters in the Lord are my friends. And I'm grateful to communicate with a few of you who are my dear friends. I love you all. 


Some more verses on friends... 


And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

Exodus 33:11




Open rebuke is better than secret love. 

Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

Proverbs 27:5-6



He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends.

Proverbs 17:9



We know that we certainly do not want evil friends. 


Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

1 Corinthians 15:33


And this is also the type we don't want to be... 


Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

James 4:4


Being a friend of the world which leads to spiritual adultery which makes you God's enemy not friend. No we don't want to be that but instead Jesus' friend by keeping His commandments and a friend of God. 






A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

Proverbs 18:24



A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Proverbs 17:17



We know we are to love God first. And we know we are to love the saints fervently, those born by His Spirit and washed in His blood. And we are to love all our neighbours including right down to our enemies too. So we are to love everyone! But we have to watch out what that love is as it isn't just emotional love but actions and truth. Truly loving their souls would be sharing the precious truth of the gospel with them. 



Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Proverbs 27:17


Praise God for good and godly friends who encourage each other in the Lord and the life we walk daily. All good gifts come from the Lord and if we are blessed with godly friends then that is a gift Him. He gave and He can take away too but we know God will be with us always. We can trust Him in that! 


Well that's what I have to share today sisters and I hope it was edifying. Let us strive on this narrow path to eternal life through His Son. I appreciate you sisters who are also my dear friends. And just as Jesus laid down His life for His friends showing the greatest love I know you too would lay down your lives for your friends, sisters in Christ. And so would I for you. Praise God for showing us such a deep and selfless humble love. 


Hold fast and keep pressing on sister saints! 



Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

Ephesians 5:1-2



Love to you in the Lord, 

my sisters, my friends, 


Sister Michaela 



Find the gospel explained here.