Prove All Things



Greetings obedient holy sister saints who love the Lord! 


I'm back again with another day and something to share in it. 


I titled my blog post from this scripture... 


"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil." 

1 Thessalonians 5:21-22



And what I write here goes along with that. I thought I'd do a quick post on how we sisters get rid of things out of our lives that are not biblical. Well I share some things from my own life as an example. We strive to be pleasing to God who we are to fear. And we know He is holy and hates sin. 



"And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight." 

1 John 3:22



Because we have been born by His Spirit, we now desire holiness in all our ways. We don't want anything that isn't pleasing to Him. And therefore we know that all things that do not please Him must be put away. 



"Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. 

Be not ye therefore partakers with them. 

For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: 

(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) 

Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. 

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them."

Ephesians 5:6-11



This is not a huge post on the subject but just a few things I came across recently. Sometimes I start my posts in the morning of my day and then by night I hoped to spend more time on it and couldn't so I hope it makes some sense. It's by no means complete. 


Even though I grew up in a reasonably 'conservative Christian' family, we know that makes no one a born-again child of God, so in the past year or so I had to go through my things and only keep that which is good and pure and true. 


Because I grew so much in truth recently and even though there was nothing extremely vile that I had to throw away but still all things that are not pleasing to God we do not want and are sinful. And there was a surprising amount I had to get rid of. It truly is a total change of mind!



So as I shared earlier there have been clothing that was not biblical, and covetous things from my past in music and cooking shows, and many years worth of birthday cards I had kept and many other such like things. There's those more obvious things and the more you learn and grow in the Lord the more you see that is not pleasing to Him and needs to go. Maybe a bit like a sieve or a filter...the more you begin to see of God's truth the more detail you examine in your life to see if it is good and godly and the finer details you get to and you don't want to stop. At the beginning when you see the truth and come to a true faith in Christ, it's perhaps many things that need to go but quickly as you grow especially if you have other more mature saints in your life to set an example then it doesn't take as long. But there is the Spirit and the Word to guide us in truth. We know we are to be diligent and zealous for good works! 


And we all come to Christ from different pasts but we all have much to be set free from and things we may have used to place more value on.


And its all worthless compared to Christ and the hope we have to come! 



"But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,"

Philippians 3:7-8


And most people say oh how sad it must be to live a life like that but we don't even want such things in our lives do we sisters! And if there is any remnant of flesh left we have to overcome that and move on not looking back. 


You can see a post here about getting rid of my unbiblical clothing. 


I thought I might share a few examples of what some of those things I purged out recently because I had the opportunity to go deeper in cleaning out my room which I used to share with my two younger sisters. I'm so blessed to have a room to myself now and so can do almost what I like with it. 


The other day I noticed this up on my room wall in an obscure place and was surprised I hadn't seen it before recently. I now know that cross symbols are not good but are pagan and so I destroyed it. 




And another thing I threw away from my childhood...



And this pile of 'Christian' women's books... 


And even these anabaptist homeschool books were quite shameful in what they taught for learning about sewing women's dresses and were far from biblical even though they have much good mixed in. 


So that is just a little on that. I know you all would have had many such things in the past to be set free from for Christ's sake. Maybe that blessed and edified you sisters. I only shared those few pictures but that was just a fraction of what I wanted to get free from for God's glory. Test all things sisters! He is worthy to be lived for! 


I shall go now though:-) I hope your day is joyous and you strive on in the Lord sisters. 



"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure." 

1 John 3:2-3




Love in Christ 


...from one of God's daughters


You can find the gospel explained here