Reminders from the Word to Endure


Greetings sisters in Christ!


We have all lived one more day and so are closer to eternity. 


"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." 

1 John 3:2


I wanted to share some reminders and encouragement from the Word about enduring. Let it press all of us sisters on! 





"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. 

As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith."

Galatians 6:7-10 




"And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.  But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." 

Matthew 24:11-13


 


"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." 

Ephesians 6:13




Keep standing on the Rock sisters! And we shall not be greatly moved! 


"Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. 

He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved. 

How long will ye imagine mischief against a man? ye shall be slain all of you: as a bowing wall shall ye be, and as a tottering fence. 

They only consult to cast him down from his excellency: they delight in lies: they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah. 

My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. 

He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. 

In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. 

Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah."

 Psalm 62:1-8 



"He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels." 

Revelation 3:5



Or for those of us who want to go home, which I am sure we all have those thoughts at times, but we know the Lord has our days in His hands and He may have work for us to do here yet. 


"For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you."

Philippians 1:21-24


That is encouraging. He thought about how he could help others if he lived on on the earth. 


"For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith." 

1 John 5:4



All these words create a picture of strength in the Lord! 


Overcome
Endure
Stand
Victory
Patient
Stedfast



As godly women may we joyfully go about living out our roles as helpers or keepers at home or mothers or servants or whatever we do in the Lord. May we be content to go about our duties in meekness and quietness not seeking the praise of men, and at the same time be standing strong on the truth of the gospel and the Word prepared to answer for the great hope we have. May we have fervent love for our Lord and His saints, and also for the lost. 





Let us daily trust in the Lord and His strength sisters! 



(Thank you sister for adding the scripture.)






And a glimpse of an awesome sunset to end my day... 




"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. 

Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. 

There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. 

Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, 

Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.

His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof."

Psalm 19:1-6 


Amen, praise God for His creation which declares His glory and for His Word. I hope these scriptures I shared could bless and refresh you sisters in the Lord. 



"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord." 

1 Corinthians 15:58



Love in Christ,


...from a daughter of the Lord


See the biblical gospel here