The Accuser and the Comfort - Scripture Encouragement



Greetings in Christ, sisters! 

Today I have a simple post with some scriptures to edify and encourage you in the faith. 

Be on guard sisters! Be strong! 

"Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices."
2 Corinthians 2:11

Don't let anyone tell you that it isn't a hard life (at times or all of the time) to be Christ's disciple, leading to eternal life.

"Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able."
Luke 13:24 

And see the meaning of strive...

And... 

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."
Ephesians 6:12

And we fight our own flesh and sin... 

"But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway."
1 Corinthians 9:27

And there's an evil enemy on the loose. 

"And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: 

But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren."
Luke 22:31-32

And Jesus prayed for us way back then...as those who have believed through the disciples' words and testimony. 

"Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me."
John 17:20-23

That's priceless. And for God's glory we strive for unity. That's interesting. I just noticed it. Jesus says (in John 13:35) our love for one another would be a sign that we are His disciples but here He also says unity would show the world that the Father sent Him. So sad that that is what is lacking among those who claim to be believers: love and unity. Anyway...may it not be among us true born again sisters! 

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;"
John 14:16

Praise God for the Holy Spirit.


Yes there may be much to overcome and persecutions to face yet we also remember as the apostles wrote that we rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory, and have the peace of God which passes all understanding!

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,"
Hebrews 12:1

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Revelation 12:9-11

Wow, what a day that will be when the wicked one is cast down who we can overcome by the blood of the Lamb and by our testimony and by not loving our lives unto death. 

"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."
Revelation 20:10

Amen! 


But for now we are here on this earth sisters, being His faithful witnesses. We do have to endure until the end knowing through much tribulation we shall enter the kingdom.

"Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted."
Matthew 5:4


"So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow."
2 Corinthians 2:7


"Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men."
1 Thessalonians 5:14


"Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ."
2 Corinthians 1:4-5

Praise God for the brethren, the body of Christ, the holy saints, and that we as sisters can "meet" here online to encourage (and pray for one another) to press on to the finish line in victory! 

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Corinthians 15:57

I don't know where to stop sharing scriptures...there are so many good ones. I don't apologise for "getting carried away" and sharing so many:-) I hope perhaps they could encourage you as much as they have me. 

But I leave with peace and a promise from our Saviour. 

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
John 14:26-27

Love in Christ, to my fellow sister soldiers,

...from a daughter of God


See the gospel here