Some "Keeper at Home" and the Bread of Life

 


Good day my keeper at home sisters, 

I pray you are all fighting for obedience to our Lord's commands daily. 

Praise God that Jesus... 

"being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;"
Hebrews 5:9

Today I wanted to share how I used some fruit we were blessed to have from our trees. 

I wrote earlier about how we were preserving pears...and I did some more today and many more to come. They ripen so fast that you have to act quickly. But another way I enjoy using them is to turn them into pear butter. I also made some lemon butter/curd too. So I'll share a bit about them here. 

I made this batch a few days ago and it was a good day to make use of God's sunshine...


...with the solar panels on the house roof going well as I used the slow cooker all day to make the pear butter. 


I'll just share some pictures mostly. Maybe they might bless any of you similar minded sisters out there. I don't have a really specific recipe.


I added a few tablespoons of brown sugar and a few teaspoons of cinnamon. 

And turn it on for however long to soften the fruit (several hours). 


I drained out some liquid and then processed it all with a stick blender. 

And then let it thicken a bit for several more hours with the lid off. Another flavour I like is just add grated lemon rind and vanilla with the sugar and omit the cinnamon. There's many recipes online though but it's really something you don't need one for and just experiment. I'm sure there are other ways to make pear butter besides a slow cooker but it's just the one I use and it's fine. 

And the same day I made lemon butter/curd. I'm sure there's many recipes online also but I'll include one from memory that I used here. 

I mixed together 8 eggs with 1 and a half cups of sugar in a heatproof bowl and set it over a saucepan of simmering water. 


When the sugar was dissolved, I added 1 cup of lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of finely grated lemon rind (or maybe some of you call it zest). And also 250 grams (or half a pound) of butter. 

It used a lot of lemons:-) They are quite small but there's more on the tree. And I know shop bought lemons are certainly expensive. And we have fresh eggs so it's a good use of all these blessings. 


That's basically all you do. It gets nice and thick like custard...after about 20 minutes of cooking and stiring. 


It's a nice pretty yellow as well... 

And this is the best use for it...on vanilla ice-cream. Delicious! 


Or you can have it on toast or with yoghurt or it's very good eaten straight too:-) So that's that for the pear and the lemon butter.

And a pear and choc chip crumble we made tonight... 


And that's how we can use God's blessings He provides but I want to share some spiritual food with you here too. After all, our life is more than food and this earthly body. We all have a spirit that shall go in forever. And we have to feed that constantly too. 

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."
Matthew 4:4

...every word out of the mouth of God...

I'm so thankful to have free access to His written Word, the Bible. We have so much truth, so all of us will be without excuse. 

As I've shared before I don't want to only labour for physical food. Yes as a keeper at home Titus 2 woman that will be a part of my life. But there is something more important and that is to do with things that last eternally. 


"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 

I am that bread of life."
John 6:47-48

Truly Jesus is the Way. The true Jesus, holy God, Creator of heaven and earth and not the false Jesus of most of Christianity today. Paul warned about another "Jesus".

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."
2 Corinthians 11:3-4

Don't be deceived like Eve was ladies. 

(and the meaning of "simplicity")


And that's exactly what we have all over the world, corruption and deception. But those who truly want to lose their life for Him the Saviour of the world will find Him.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
John 14:6 


I hope that perhaps this mainly picture post has encouraged you in seeing it in some way. But may the words of God bless you more. 

Lord willing, I will be back here to you tomorrow. Until then... 


Love in Christ, 

...from a servant of God 


"Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour."
Ephesians 5:1-2


See the gospel to eternal life here