Today's Edification (10 July 2024)

Greetings sister saints!

Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. 

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 

Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, 

For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; 

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace. 

For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ. 

And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 

That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; 

Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God. 

Philippians 1:2-11

That's an awesome scripture! 

I hope you're all fighting the good fight of faith, sisters! This life isn't passive or 'easy' and definitely not the path of 'least resistance'. But it is no doubt a wonderful and glorious thing to know the One true and living God and follow His perfect ways the best we can in this fleshly body of ours and in this fallen world. He sent a Saviour! We have His written Word to guide us. He gave us a conscience. And He sent the Comforter. He truly has given us all we need! 

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
Micah 6:8

I really love that scripture. Precious things...doing justly, loving mercy, and humbly walking with God. If only there were more people doing that, the world would be a much better place. Let us make sure we are though and continue to test all we do and bring them into subjection to His good ways. 

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Ecclesiastes 12:13


I was pondering this scripture... 

So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.
Matthew 20:16

God's ways are not man's. I'm sure there will be many surprises for people on judgement day...when they are sent away. We don't want that for anyone or ourselves but God knows it will be and warned us. We do not want to be naive or caught off guard. 

Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
Matthew 25:11-12


Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?  
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Matthew 7:21-23


When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 

Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 

But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. 

And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. 

And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

Luke 13:25-30

We all have been warned. Let us take this seriously and strive on fervently and circumspectly. Let us cast off every weight...and sin that does easily beset us in our race. 

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:1-2 

Yes let us look to Him as we do this as without His help we can do nothing. 


I thought it was time for some new scripture pictures as it's been awhile since I shared some here:-) His Word with His creations are always good! 














His Word is so good and is full of truth treasures! 


Let us trust in our great God sisters! He is a shield and refuge and fortress and so much more for us! He is our portion and His grace is sufficient for us! Ponder His precious grace and let us not take it lightly lest we fall from His favour. 

But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
Psalm 3:3
And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
2 Samuel 22:2-3
He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
Psalm 62:6-7
I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul. I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.
Psalm 142:4-5

He is all we need! Let us cleave to the Lord sisters. Everything around us is temporary and fading away but we seek for that which eternal don't we sisters! 

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:18


Let's keep being stedfast, unmoveable, grounded, stablished, settled in the Lord and His truth!

Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; 

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Colossians 1:11-13

That's an awesome scripture too! Praise God for all He has done! How can we not be thankful?! 

Let us keep being patient and longsuffering. There is much to endurance and every day we are working on it and every day is important as they all add up. Therefore each minute is important too and how we use it for good or bad. We want to have lived a life of faithfulness to God to the very end, amen sisters?! Let's keep working on it today and let us be thankful for this opportunity to do so and the light and truth God has shown us! 


Love, mercy, and peace in Christ, 

Sister Chayil 


Find the path to eternal life explained here

My biblical clothing shop here