Today's Edification (1 July 2024)


Greetings sisters! 


I'm coming to you with love in His Name! I hope you're pressing on stedfastly after Him in truth and righteousness! 


This is quite an awesome scripture... 

Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:
1 Peter 3:8

So I wanted to share the meanings for us to ponder on here. 

'of one mind'... 


'having compassion one of another' (Yeah big English phrase for one Greek word as all these phrases are.) 


'love as brethren'... 


'be pitiful'... 


'be courteous'.... 


That's quite an amazing verse with things for us to make sure we're obeying especially if we have obedient fellow believers in our lives whether that's in person or online. I want to be all that to my godly sisters! And I'm sure I have grown in that and have more to go but as we know... 

But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.
1 Thessalonians 4:9

We love God first, then saints, and then everyone else including enemies! 


I was also pondering about our words and how we will be judged by them. That's quite serious isn't it. Like really. Think about that. Do we fear God in all our words, spoken or written?

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
Matthew 12:37

I was thinking about my blog. I don't know of anything unbiblical on it but since I have had it for several years and no doubt grown a lot in the Lord it makes me want to go back and check over everything I ever wrote! Or for every new post I do, one old one would drop off or something, but the Lord knows I'm trying my best to be biblical. It's also on any readers to be testing all things I write to the scriptures and I trust you are. (And by the way, I am working on removing old links to others' websites from off my blog. I am not responsible for what others do but I am fully for myself so I want to keep everything under my control.) I don't want to be flippant about what Jesus said about being judged by my words. I want them all to be pure and truthful and good. If I know of anything that isn't I would fix it but as we all know we're still growing and He keeps revealing more to us as we go! He knows our hearts. But He still uses us humans doesn't He! May we do our best with His help to bring Him glory in all things. His ways are good! 


I was reading this chapter and as is always good to do ponder and meditate on and examine ourselves. 

But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. 

Matthew 23:13-14

I was pondering on greater damnation. There is much to learn from the people in the Word and the Pharisees are one of them of what not to be like. Sure they thought they were very zealous for God...but they were sorely wrong in much and largely hypocrites. 

Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
Matthew 23:28

Let us humbly search our hearts. We know what we do comes from our heart. And although we get a renewed heart by the Spirit we are still human and have the fleshly nature to battle and subdue. Let us not think we are beyond anything lest we fall...but keep pressing on knowing we need Him to be able to stand every day. 

Once we Gentiles were without God and hope in this world. If that thought doesn't fill you with thankfulness for the great blessed hope we have now...I don't know what will! Glory to God and He is so good and merciful and I'm so thankful! 

That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Ephesians 2:12-13

That is thrilling good news indeed! Indeed the death and precious blood of our Saviour and His resurrection is our hope. 

When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.
Acts 11:18

Amen He has indeed! He commands all men everywhere to repent! 

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Acts 17:30

His goodness leads us to repentance! 

If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
1 Peter 2:3

Amen I have and He is! 


I have a little catching up to do here from the last few days. 

Was doing a headcovering inventory after sewing quite a few more and I'm thankful to have a good lot for now in my store! 

I'm still working with one of my customers who bought headcoverings and with the postal company here, as they say the package was stolen. Such is this world with thieves...the only hope is they got the gospel card but maybe they can't even read it though as it's in a foreign country. 


Cute little baby creation... 


Leek blessings... 


I would serve you a bowl of stew on a winter's night if I could... 
Soups and stews are good as you can basically use anything you have! Amazing all the variety of food the Lord made! 



I had travel again to the children's today. So will have some different duties for awhile. Listening to scripture is a worthwhile use of a lot of the three hour driving time too. And it's a blessing and we need to live by it not just physical bread and you can't get too much like you can of physical food! 

I was pondering this scripture I heard... 
For ye remember, brethren, our labour and travail: for labouring night and day, because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God.
1 Thessalonians 2:9

And how we know Paul also worked hard at a physical job to earn his keep and to not burden anyone else. That's encouraging to us also as we must too labour in many physical things while sojourning here. 
Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you: 

Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us. 

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

2 Thessalonians 3:8-10
That's a good example for us! Some may say and teach something but not even live it themselves but someone who does it themselves and teaches it can be a powerful example to us. Or as they say 'practice what you preach'. Yeah the Word would call that don't be hypocritical. Glad for Paul's example to imitate. 
I have coveted no man's silver, or gold, or apparel. 

Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me. 

I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Acts 20:33-35
Work is pleasing to the Lord! Now we don't mean we're striving to be rich for the sake of it but just talking about honest physical labour for frugal simple living is good! And even if we serve others we're still labouring to earn our food and whatever other blessings are provided. And keepers of the home are also doing very necessary works! Keep going in whatever good works you have sisters! Laziness is not something God approves of. 



While it is wise to keep an eye on that which is behind you while driving, we would not want to be looking there too much!

We are supposed to be driving forward. And while in the faith life those of us who have counted the cost do look back to glorify God to see where He has brought us and rejoice and of course there's going to be our whole life of memories (good and bad) back there but we press forwards with a face of flint don't we sisters! We press into the kingdom! Our Saviour and eternal life is ahead! What better things could there be! Nothing. Press on with strength and zeal sisters! 

And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
Luke 9:62

This we sure do not want to do... 

From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. 

Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? 

Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. 

And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

John 6:66-69

Praise God we know where all truth and goodness is and that is in our great God! Let us keep striving towards the bright light that is our God and walking in the light He gave us! 

O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.
Isaiah 2:5

 

Big crate of potatoes was next to me on the ferry... 

Always a blessing to think of God growing food for mankind from the soil! He is good to all (and long suffering as His wrath does abide on all who believe not still). 
Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.
Acts 14:17


Well I think that's all from me today. Hold fast my sisters and keep being salt and light and let's not grow weary in well doing as we will reap if we don't faint! The joy of the Lord is our strength! 


Love in Christ, 

Sister Chayil 


Find the path to eternal life explained here

My biblical clothing shop here