Today's Edification (11 June 2024)


Greetings godly sisters! 


I'm back because I can be one more day! The Lord allows us to do all we do. And we want to be faithful to Him and consistent in Him in all our works He gives us. I hope all your works are going well sisters! And I hope your soul is prospering most of all and I care about you physically too. 

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 

For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth.

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. 

Beloved, thou doest faithfully whatsoever thou doest to the brethren, and to strangers;

3 John 1:2-5

Let us fight for the truth and dig through the Word to find it to walk in! 

Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for thy law is my delight.
Psalm 119:77

 

I was thinking that I don't really know why people use this scripture anymore to say it is somehow relavant to today... 

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.
Deuteronomy 22:5

I don't see how we can pick and choose what parts of the old covenant are for today. We see all throughout scripture robe like garments for both men and women and He dressed Adam and Eve in coats/tunics. So it must just have been different types of them they wore and no I am not saying I think men and women should dress exactly the same today. But all we really have is the command for women to wear a katastole which seems to be a let down/long garment and the examples for both men and women of robes/tunics. But I am just questioning where that idea comes from that there should be this large difference between clothing for the different genders. Just something to think about and test is all. Right now I can't see it in the new covenant unless someone can show me. 

This is the scripture that immediately follows that one above and is it a command we live by today? No! 

If a bird's nest chance to be before thee in the way in any tree, or on the ground, whether they be young ones, or eggs, and the dam sitting upon the young, or upon the eggs, thou shalt not take the dam with the young: But thou shalt in any wise let the dam go, and take the young to thee; that it may be well with thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days. 

Deuteronomy 22:6-7

It is surely interesting all the specific commands they were under though. 

And a little further down is this command... 

Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together. Thou shalt make thee fringes upon the four quarters of thy vesture, wherewith thou coverest thyself. 
Deuteronomy 22:11-12

Another thing we don't see taught in the New Testament. 

People use that first scripture to say men wear pants and women wear skirts/dresses. But anyway I don't see that we can use it today. Test that out yourselves sisters. Of course there's things from the old covenant that are re commanded in the New but I can't see that that one is. 

Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
Acts 15:19-20


No one can deny the clear model shown for clothing for all throughout scripture is loose robe like garments. And of course God fixed mankind's attempts to clothe himself in something that wasn't adequate. And people will say it's cultural. OK, Jesus is cultural then and so is marriage and that we are to love one another and everything else could be cultural. No we know God started this creation and it's been all about Him and what He's doing with it and His people through which the Messiah came to save us. We submit to Him. And are thankful to have His written Word to live by. Just sharing something I was pondering on and you can ponder it some more sisters. 


I found this interesting... 

When thou comest into the standing corn of thy neighbour, then thou mayest pluck the ears with thine hand; but thou shalt not move a sickle unto thy neighbour's standing corn.
Deuteronomy 23:25

And I had often wondered why the disciples did this... 

And it came to pass on the second sabbath after the first, that he went through the corn fields; and his disciples plucked the ears of corn, and did eat, rubbing them in their hands. 
Luke 6:1 

As in our culture it would kind of be considered stealing if we did so. Of course we're not under that covenant but it's just interesting. I guess I just didn't know that before. There's always something new to learn in His Word! Or perhaps I forgot. I don't know! It's amazing what can be forgotten by our weak flesh. But I don't forget what matters most:-) 


Peaceful creation for your day... 



Strive on as good soldiers sisters! May our Lord be magnified! 


Love to you in the truth, 

Sister Chayil 


Find the good news to eternal life explained here

My biblical clothing shop here