Today's Edification (25 May 2024)


Greetings my sisters! 

I'm back because I can be! The Lord granted that option to me and so I came here to share a little encouragement to you who love and obey the Lord. I hope you're pressing on. 


But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
Luke 20:35-36

I love that scripture. There's a lot in there to ponder. Being equal to the angels. That's amazing. And not dying anymore...we know that's eternal life which we find through obeying Jesus! That's awesome! Obtaining 'that world' and the resurrection! That's glorious! Being counted worthy for all that...is such a hard concept to ponder sometimes. It doesn't matter how we were raised or what life we lived before being in Christ. Some lived more separate from the world and others lived right in it. We all know how terrible even one sin is so there's no way any one of us deserves heaven or are better than any other. All are guilty before God and need a mighty Saviour to save! 

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
1 John 1:10

I have never thought I deserved to go to heaven just because the Lord spared me from committing any 'weightier' sins. I know how high the bar is and that the righteous will scarcely be saved.

It's up to Him if He let's me in although He has promised eternal life to those who believe. Let us lean all on Him for our salvation and not on any of our works to save us...as there's no way they could. But without good works we won't make it either as they justify our true belief. So let's keep striving in great humility towards the One who loved us and gave Himself for us.

Let us strive to walk worthy as hard as that sounds...because we are nothing and He is so high and holy. 

This scripture has a way of giving you a glimpse of the awe and majesty of our holy Lord. 

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. 

Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. 

And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. 

And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke. 

Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. 

Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: 

And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.

Isaiah 6:1-7

That's our glorious God and King, sisters. 

Does it not make you feel like our brother John in this scripture when he saw our Saviour in Revelation? 

And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Revelation 1:17-18

Only in Christ can we ever have that hope of being found worthy, and this life is a balance between great confidence in Him and great meekness and lowliness...and fear and trembling and knowing it is possible to come short. 

Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
Hebrews 4:1
According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.
Ephesians 3:11-12
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 4:16
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Philippians 2:12

We remember that goodness and severity of God don't we. It would be foolish to focus on one without the other. 

I decided to read some scriptures on worthy... 


I hope those blessed you. Our God is good. 


A sister shared this scripture today and it goes along with what I was thinking and sharing... 


We know we must come to the kingdom like a little child in humble trust and faith. 

That scripture reminds me of this one... 
Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me. 

And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions. 

And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! 

And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God! 

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
 
Mark 10:21-25
Which also reminds me of this... 
Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him? But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?
 
James 2:5-6
Indeed His ways are not man's and He uses the weak and despised and those types are closer to the kingdom and like the publican versus the Pharisee also. I'm so thankful, though I am nothing, to be able to come to Him and to know the truth and way to walk in. I'm sure you sisters are too! 

I was thinking about what it means to live at peace today too. We know some of the things they had to do in the Old Testament but it's not like that now. There were many wars and things and people having to be put to death for sin against the law. Today like the wheat and the tares in the parable Jesus told...we are all growing together until the harvest. Jesus rebuked His disciples for asking whether fire should come down from heaven and kill people. 

And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? 

But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. 

For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Luke 9:54-56

We live at peace with all, our enemies included and the world and everyone...as much as is possible. God's the avenger not us. We hope they all come to repentance and we can share truth with them if they want it but otherwise we just keep living our life for the Lord ourselves and shining our lights and being salt. 

I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

John 17:15

He keeps us from evil and can make us stand strong through it all...to the end. 


I got a skirt sewn and up on my store... 


It was refreshing how simple it was to sew after doing all the shirts and after saying goodbye to tiered skirts:-) 

I heard from a woman on my tiered skirt post and she thought they hide the form more than other skirts for her. That's her choice and I never said they weren't biblical. I just choose not to spend the time sewing them and prefer simpler clothing myself as that's my conviction. And I don't see how gathered or aline skirts like this one don't do the job just as well in a plainer and simpler way. If your shirts are long and loose enough and the skirt is full enough I believe they cover just fine. 


Then after writing this part of my blog I figured I had enough time to sew another skirt so I did. The simplest one possible and it literally took me 50 minutes. This is a gathered skirt which is just two rectangles of fabric. 


I am sharing those pictures because you don't have to have tiered skirts to be well covered. That last one is really gathered and it doesn't even need to be that much but anyway we all do what works for each of us and don't overly focus on it or add man made rules or anything like that. Simple is good! 


So I'm thankful to have had a fruitful few days adding five items to my store... 

And then it will probably be my travelling to the children time again soon and different works for a season. Times and seasons isn't there sisters. And even if those seasons are very long with much the same in them sometimes...keep pressing on in good works! I know we want to just go to be with the Lord sometimes and don't want to bother with much of this life but I remember the Lord has us here for a reason and we can appreciate all the good things in our lives. We humbly submit to Him under His mighty hand. 
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1 Peter 5:6


Note: the onions in the freezer are doing a great job to smell up everything. 🙂

Even the fridge below it and a dessert in the fridge tasted like onion lol. Thankfully we use a lot of onions so they shouldn't last more than several months:-) Just warning you in case you need to freeze onions. Maybe you have a spare freezer off by itself somewhere you can use instead:-) 


I was treating the cabbages for aphids... 

There's a lot on there and they definitely greatly hinder the growth of the plant. Hopefully that will fix them. 


I know I shared similar before but I love the water drops just rolling off the leaves and the sounds... 

Peaceful. 

Saw the beautiful moon rising when I was 'going home' for the day (that just means I was walking from the main house to my little refuge:-). 


Amazing creations just still doing what He made them to do from the beginning! That's a very long time of doing the same things over and over! A sister was just sharing how she was encouraged by the sun coming up over and over and how we too have to be that consistent and faithful in our faith walk and duties. 


Let us be diligent... 
Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
2 Peter 1:10

Strive on sisters...for the One who is worthy! Strive to walk worthy, though we don't deserve anything...He does! 

Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Titus 2:14


Love in Christ, 

Sister Chayil 


Find the good news to eternal life explained here

My biblical clothing shop here