Today's Edification (23 May 2024)


Greetings sisters! 


Another day is here to strive on after the Lord on the narrow road! Rejoice to know the way sisters! It is truly a great blessing to have the knowledge of the truth. Let's keep treasuring and guarding it. 


This was the moon later on last night... 

It looked like it had a big ring around it from the ice crystals in the type of clouds that were there. Pretty and peaceful. (maybe you can't see it very well though.) 


Thankful to have finally got the three shirts I've been working on finished. Satisfying. 


I really appreciate these type of shirts myself and wear them all the time. Good blessings. I think once you have something that works there's no need to look for anything else. Doesn't matter if you wear the same clothes always. It's a blessing to be set free from having to look for and keep buying or trying all these different clothes. 

Done with sewing shirts for awhile now, onto skirts. Was buying some more fabric for that and being thankful for good fabric sales and a coupon... 

That's what I call a good deal! Thankful for that because most of the skirt fabrics need a lining added so that can double the cost of the skirt. Anyway so it all helps!

I had a cleaning job today and then one tomorrow Lord willing. So, more extra blessings to be thankful for. It's a blessing to have a variety of good works to occupy in and earn our right to eat. 

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. 

For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. 

Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread. 

But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing. 

2 Thessalonians 3:10-13

And of course God understands if we can't work like when we're sick or when we get older and can't do as much:-) We will rejoice to just be His daughters then in those times or if any of you sisters are in that situation already. Hold on to the Lord and the hope to come. 


Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12

Let us strive to be good examples no matter how young or old we are. 


Pretty colours. Good pure and true in a dark world. 


Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
Matthew 16:12

Yeah we too have to beware of multitudes of false doctrines around us today. We need to beware of the leaven of the churches today. 


I like how Jesus handled them asking Him a question... 

Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. 

But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? 

Matthew 15:2-3

We know they had added many such man made traditions and so worshipped God in vain. 

And today the churches are doing it too. I had a woman emailing me and teaching me in depth about all the early Christian writers that were apparently meant to be followed as scripture wasn't meant to be enough. I asked her if she was aware that scripture forbids women teaching theology and I had a brother give an answer for me to send to her instead. But let us cling to that which we know is truth in His written Word. It's like a rock and anchor for us in this age we are living in with mind boggling amounts of deception. 

Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it. I am small and despised: yet do not I forget thy precepts.
Psalm 119:140-141


I'm blessed to have a sister to encourage and be encouraged by daily... 


It's nice to have a blog but hard to know who I'm talking to on it so it's more generic. I treasure any godly sisters who love the Lord and all His truth. We all have to live our own lives scattered around the world guided by the Spirit but it's an extra blessing when you can know of a saint (or more) in this dark world where love has waxed cold and you get to edify and encourage and practice the love of the saints as best you can. That's all we can do...do our best and be faithful with what we have. 

Keep striving on any sisters reading or any women who know they're not where they should be and need to make that decision to follow Christ no matter the cost. I have heard from quite a few women like that over the years and I know you're reading. I hope you don't delay to repent to lose all the things that are sin and holding you back from full obedience and that could cost you your soul...for all eternity. 

Think of how worthy Christ the precious Lamb of God slain for our sins is. He said this... 

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 

For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 

And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. 

He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. 

Matthew 10:34-39

Do you want to be 'not worthy of Him'? I don't, because He is so precious. Think of all the nice relationships you may have going on which are holding you back. You have to be willing to lose them for His sake and for your own soul (and even of others). I have had to do this with my own family. You lose closeness and do not obey humans but God first. As women we may have to abide where the Lord has called us so you will have to accept the feelings of always being uncomfortable around them remembering we are strangers and pilgrims and not our own. We are commanded to live at peace if possible and honour all humans and love them all but this doesn't mean we compromise on our faith and obedience to Christ who is our first love. Ponder what you need to do to put Christ first everyone. And the Lord will give you the grace to endure whatever it takes to stand strong knowing whom you have believed! 

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
2 Timothy 1:12


And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Joshua 24:15


Grace, mercy, and peace to you. 


Love in Christ, 

Sister Chayil 


Find the good news to eternal life explained here

My biblical clothing shop here