Today's Edification (17 May 2024)


Salutations to my sisters! 


Another good day to serve the Lord is here! Let us sisters go forth in our days...rejoicing in hope! 

Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
Romans 12:12-13


It's a blessing to have good works to occupy in whatever the Lord has in our lives each day or in each time and season! And I like to think of my godly sisters doing the same around the world...some we don't know of I'm sure! God does though.  

The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry. The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
Psalm 34:15-16


And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Romans 8:23-24

We're still waiting for our adoption and that's our hope to come! Press on sisters! 


But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. 

But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; 

And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: 

Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Matthew 20:25-28

There's many people who seem to like to run other people's lives or judge them for things that just do not matter. It's the heart of man all over the world to do this, including many feminist women, but men too. There are busybodies also. But we don't want to be like this. God's ways are not man's ways but so much higher! Let the mind of Christ of serving be in us. 

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Philippians 2:5-7

We are to prefer other saints and care about their lives. 

Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
Romans 12:10
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. 
Philippians 2:3-4

I understand most NT commands are about how to live in the body and treat one another within it but there's also commands how we interact and treat those around us outside of Christ too. God told us so much and I'm thankful for that! I'm sure my sisters are too. This world is crazy with the amounts of different opinions and beliefs...so it's refreshing to have the rock of truth and to seek out more and more truth in the Word and grow in it. 


I sometimes wonder how people found each other in Bible times. Like we have technology to instantly communicate but they didn't then. 

We see brother Paul had some problem with it... 

Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord, I had no rest in my spirit, because I found not Titus my brother: but taking my leave of them, I went from thence into Macedonia. 
2 Corinthians 2:12-13


Here's a brother who was diligent to find Paul and serve him... 

The Lord give mercy unto the house of Onesiphorus; for he oft refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain: 

But, when he was in Rome, he sought me out very diligently, and found me. 

The Lord grant unto him that he may find mercy of the Lord in that day: and in how many things he ministered unto me at Ephesus, thou knowest very well.

2 Timothy 1:16-18 

I'd diligently seek out my sisters if I could! Thankful for technology while we have it. 


I've had a really busy day helping. Not too busy to snap some pictures of His creation here and there though (even if that's while holding a little one:-) And not too busy to be here sharing with my sisters! That's important too. 

Love the dew drops on things in the morning. 

 



All peaceful and good...to the Creator's glory. 

Always good when you can cook for two nights at once... 


I know you sisters appreciate leftovers! (Cottage pie is delicious with sweet potato too!) 

But I think I have travel again tomorrow but let's see what really happens, as we say...His will be done and we all know things can change in our lives. We just keep going and seeing what happens and not being too set in our ways. Let's remember all we have is the Lord's and hold it all loosely. 

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:18

But let us cling tight to what we should! 

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
Hebrews 10:23
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
1 Thessalonians 5:21
Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord.
Acts 11:23

Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
Romans 12:9



Fervent love to my godly sisters and a hug too. I hope we all press on and one day can be together with the Lord. Let us comfort one another with the truth of His coming for His saints. He has gone to prepare a place for us. Hold fast faithfully till He comes sisters! Watch. 


Peace in Christ, 

Sister Chayil 


Find the good news to eternal life explained here

My biblical clothing shop here