Today's Edification (4 April 2024)


Hello sisters! 

Hope your day is going well and is joyous in the Lord our great God! 


Beautiful new morning here of His mercies and great faithfulness! 


And all the blessings He has bestowed on us. 

I was pondering on loving the Lord with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength. I was just thinking..."What else do I want my heart going to?," What else do I want my strength going to?", "What else do I want my mind going to?" etc. There is nothing else outside of Him that is in anyway good or of any value. And yes part of loving Him with all we are is how we deal with our fellow humans. And that is to be centered around love. 

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 

This is the first and great commandment. 

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Matthew 22:37-40


If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
 James 2:8

And we are blessed to have the written Word to tell us how to both live out loving God (which is keeping His Word) and how exactly to love our neighbors. 

Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Romans 13:10


A sister shared this scripture and it got me pondering on the subject of Saviour. 


Reminded me of this fact that God is jealous too. 

For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God: 
Exodus 34:14

We know just being a friend (or fond of) the world and loving it can be in the same category as serving another 'god'. 

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
James 4:4

Let us have a single and sincere heart for Him sisters. 

Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.
Ephesians 6:24 

We cannot serve two masters. 

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. 

But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness! 

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Matthew 6:22-24


So I wanted to read some scriptures on 'Saviour' (which means I also needed to include some scriptures on save and salvation!)... 


Made me think of this scripture too and how we need a Saviour for that! 

He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. 
Psalm 40:2

We need a Saviour to bring us out of darkness into His marvellous light! 


I was listening to Hebrews while I was working and it made me rejoice in the Lord and all He has done for us in Christ! We have so much better promises in Him! 

And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
Hebrews 10:11-12

They had to do all those things...over...and over....and over....and over. But our Saviour came and did it all once! 

But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Hebrews 8:6-7


By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Hebrews 10:20

We are blessed in Him indeed! Praise God for a Saviour...otherwise we would be most lost and hopeless and desperate. 


Next Proverbs readings here... 



This is a picture of what you do *not* want to have to see or do... 


At least they're heading home...after going quite a way. Anyway just a day in the life I guess. 


Pretty creations... 





Needed to use up a litre of milk so I made some milk pudding... 
Never made it before. It's super simple and just milk, cornflour, and stevia and then rolled in some coconut. I guess it's what I would have called a really thick custard. Anyway just trying to not let things go to waste:-) 


And I've had an extra busy day of other general serving work and such. Still catching up on things before I go back to the children's I guess:-) I hope all your good works are going well too sisters. 

We can be like sister Dorcas who was 'full of good works'! 

Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did. 
Acts 9:36

The Lord has set us free from bad ones and we keep crucifying the flesh daily. 


I came across this in my picture stash so wanted to share it again. All sorts of good things we are to be! 


God's ways are good! 

Keep striving on sister soldiers! Endure hardness! Don't grow weary in well doing! Rejoice always! Stand! Hold fast! 


🌻My love to you all, 🌻

Sister Chayil 


Find the gospel to eternal life explained here

My biblical clothing shop here