Today's Edification (18 February 2024)

 


Greetings in His name! 

I hope you are looking to Him through all things, sisters! 

Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. 

Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. 

I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
Isaiah 45:21-23
Praise God for a Saviour! 

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Acts 4:12
There is only one very narrow way through Him! 


Little creature tracks in the sand... 




Made me think of this scripture... 
But if ye will not do so, behold, ye have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out.
Numbers 32:23
We know nothing we do is hid from the Lord. We leave a trail behind us too of good or bad. Hopefully it's all good but we know we can fail and that keeps us humble and on guard. 

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
John 3:21

But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
Ephesians 5:13

Light reveals doesn't it! God is light. If you're doing all things unto the Lord and with a pure heart then that's a comfort because God knows all things and that we are trying our best!
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
Hebrews 4:12-13

For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
Hebrews 12:10-11

I love thinking of being a partaker of His holiness. And it yielding the peaceable fruit of righteousness in us. That is the outcome of the Lord's chastening. Let us yield to it for our growth! We have a loving Father! 




I've been thinking how my allegiance has changed over these last years. I know I am serving my earthly family and always have been. But in times past I was doing it because they were my family. Now I am doing it as to the Lord and not unto men! They are no longer my true family as unless they repent I will not be with them in eternity. So I strive to be a good servant for God's glory. 

I am no longer involved with them really as 'my family'. I don't do the birthdays, weddings, Christmass, Easter, holidays/vacations, and funerals whenever they may happen. I don't gather with them on Sundays nor eat meals with them. So while I am serving them physically, no longer is there any real connection or fleshly relationships. They live their lives much of which I don't know about and I mind my own business...which is the Father's business! When you are real family you always want to know what is going on and be a part of it. But if they are of the world, that is of no interest to a saint. Now we want to know and be a part of our spiritual family! 


I'm so thankful the Lord saw fit to show me His truth and the way out of lies and sin. It surely is such a treasure and not to be taken lightly especially when you see how few lose all to find this 'pearl of great price'. Let us cling tightly to the Lord and His truth sisters. 

We know few will come to the Lord, so while it is the hope they will repent one day I don't focus on that. That's the Lord's business. And you sisters too. We all must lose our old lives and obey God on our own no matter who comes with or most likely doesn't. So we all lose earthly family for His name's sake! He is so worthy! But we gain so much more! The hope of it at least as we must endure to be saved. Of course we have many blessings in this life also. We want to give thanks in all things! 


This double-sided tape is great for putting up gospel cards!


The Lord blessed me with safe travels again.

There was a mentally impaired young woman who was getting on the bus in front of me. I helped her find her seat number and seat belt as she was having trouble. And it was nice she was just across the aisle from me (you get told where to sit) so I helped her with a few other things during the trip. 

It made me think of the 'least' among us and what Jesus taught on it. 

Then said he also to him that bade him, When thou makest a dinner or a supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor thy rich neighbours; lest they also bid thee again, and a recompence be made thee. 

But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind: 

And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.
Luke 14:12-14


It's always a blessing when the Lord puts people in our path who we can help.




I took you with on my day...



As I got back on the bus after the rest stop, I had to go past a woman who had said hello as she walked down the bus aisle earlier so I gave her a gospel card. It's always an open door if someone is friendly towards you:-) So I got back to my seat and a minute or two later she came back bringing a religious card of her own. She leaned over the seat and gave me a hug and said something about it being about how to take communion at home. I told her I do and told her to check out the websites on the gospel card but the bus was leaving so she had to go. Otherwise I'm sure we could have talked a long time and I would have warned her about many things. 

In love, it seems this is from a very unbiblical church. So I looked it up and would warn that it is deceiving many. I hope that woman reads this. I am seeing more the depths of light exposing darkness and so I am sharing it here to warn and test. I'm sure you sisters can discern for yourself the issues here. Let us now warn others who may be where we once were ourselves. 


Also a friendly man across the aisle said hello to me and asked where I lived etc. When I got up to get off I gave him and the handicapped woman a gospel card. Hope they all seek the truth but we do what we can. 




So that's some of my day in the Lord. I always love hearing about what my sisters (or any saints) are doing! And yeah many days may be much the same things happening over and over again but we can still rejoice in those good works as they are done unto the Lord and we rejoice to not do bad ones anymore! 



Matthew 10 reading here... 


Good teachings from our Master in there as usual! 



Keep striving on sisters! 


Love in Christ, 

Sister Chayil 


Find the gospel to eternal life explained here


My biblical clothing shop here