Today's Encouragement (7 October 2023)


Greetings to my godly sisters!

I hope you're striving on today! That's the most important thing I hope for you:-) It's the most I can love you too by encouraging you on to keep the faith until the end! 

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Mark 8:36


Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

Hebrews 12:12-13

 


I have an announcement to make here today:-) Several days ago, I was offered the opportunity to be betrothed to a godly young man! And I gladly accepted! (*Note later edited to add that the Lord had other plans for me and due to unforseen circumstances I am no longer betrothed and remain single. But I leave this post up here as a day in my life and to share reality sometimes. God knows best and He is good!) 

His name is Colin, but we prefer to use our new names that were given to us by the saints so I know him as brother Akouo. This is a Greek word from the scriptures which means hearing the truth as in this scripture... 

But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

Matthew 13:16



In case you don't know, my name Chayil is from a Hebrew word meaning strong/virtuous... 

And now, my daughter, fear not; I will do to thee all that thou requirest: for all the city of my people doth know that thou art a virtuous woman.

Ruth 3:11

 

A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones.

Proverbs 12:4

I want to live up to that for sure:-) 

We are new creatures in Christ when we are born of His Spirit and we hate our old life before we obeyed the Lord. We want to look forward don't we sisters and strive to walk worthy in holiness. 

The awesome thing about two people in the body of Christ is that we are already of one mind in the truth. So there's no surprises about our beliefs. And this is the most important part of our lives...our souls as they are eternal and it's just all the other things to learn about one another:-) Both of our goals are the same of loving and obeying the Lord first and foremost. 

We do not know the future but God does and we just trust Him to help us through this all as it's much harder legally to marry a foreigner than one of your own nation but we are committed and the Lord's will be done! One day at a time and rejoice in the Lord! 

A few years ago when I was doing a study on Titus 2 for women I also talked about the part about husbands. You can find that here if you like. Seems I'm needing to be getting myself ready to be a godly wife...Lord willing:-) Praise God for all good things! 

That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Titus 2:4-5


Saturday is shopping day here. Found shirts to make tunics for brothers... 


Gospel light in a dark place...


And more gospel cards went out and some conversations had as well today! 

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Mark 16:15


Next scripture reading here... 


Thankful for His Word again!

Well that's what I have to share today! Praise God for all good blessings we have in Him and what He gives us on this earth while we're sojourning here! 


Hold fast sisters and Lord willing I will be back tomorrow. 

 

Love in Christ, 

Sister Chayil 


Find the gospel to eternal life through Christ explained here.

Scripture reading audios by book here