Edification from the Word

 


Greetings and love to you all! 


For at least one more day, I can write here on my blog and share some of God's word to encourage and edify all of us sisters. I hope you are standing strong in truth. 


We do not know about tomorrow as we do not have it yet. But we can do what we can today and if the Lord gives us another day then let us redeem the time in it. 


Today I had the opportunity to sew two of these simple bags. 



I plan to offer them on my shop for any woman looking for a simple bag for carrying around her things like a phone and some gospel cards or whatever. 




I was just thinking about this verse today. 


"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." 

1 Corinthians 13:11


And how that so many grown men and women out there in the world as well as many claiming Christ, are seeking all kinds of things like entertainment and pleasures, lusts of the flesh. It reminds me also of how we women are to be sober minded and mature, wise and not foolish. 


"Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands." 

Proverbs 14:1



And not like this... 


"For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." 

2 Timothy 3:6-7


We know Titus 2 for women mentions being sober and also this... 


"Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;" 

Titus 2:12


And we know the kind of things the Proverbs 31 woman does. She does hard work and necessary, useful things for her household and for others. 


And we also want to be full of good works like Dorcas... 


"Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did." 

Acts 9:36



And I was thinking of this verse too. 


"And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed." 

1 Peter 2:8


And I was pondering also how many people refuse to go the whole way in their obedience to the Lord and there's often something (often dress) that they refuse to do the Lord's will in. Their will is not submitted to the Father's. 


Let us cultivate a spirit like our Lord's, committed to the Father's will. 


"And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation. And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him."

Luke 22:40-43



Reminds me of this too... 


"For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:"

1 Corinthians 1:26-28



And about counting the great cost to follow Christ... 


"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. 

And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple. 

For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it ? 

Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him, 

Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish. 

Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand? 

Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace. 

So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple."

Luke 14:26-33


So I hope those could bless you, what I shared from the Word which was edifying to me in my day. 




(Thank you for sharing the scripture sister) 










Amen. He is worthy!


Love in Christ, 


...from one of God's servants


You can find the gospel explained biblically here