Of Making Many Books (Blogs)....


Good day...in the Lord, sisters! 

I pray you are doing well and pressing on to the hope set before us. 

I have a post today with some things I was thinking about. I did get more sewing done today...which I have been enjoying. And I hope to share another skirt "tutorial" on this blog soon when I get around to sewing one with the fabric I bought. 

This verse stood out to me when I read it today...about the long suffering of God in Noah's day. 

"Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."
1 Peter 3:20

How merciful is our God! How much evil He endures against Him every second. 

"Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds:"
Romans 2:4-6

Let us be found in Christ and obeying Him and not under God's wrath because of our disobedience or stubborn rebellious heart. 

Today I was searching through women's blogs in order to glean emails to share the gospel and my blog with. It's a total rabbit warren out there and it reminded me of this verse.

"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh."
Ecclesiastes 12:12

No of course it's not sinful to have a blog. Just as the internet can be used for good and bad, so can blogs. Most women's blogs out there are very obviously in error and then sometimes you find ones that are saying more things you agree with. 

But you remember that the rich young ruler had it pretty close...but in the end he couldn't come follow Christ because of one thing. 

"Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me. And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions."
Mark 10:21-22

Notice Jesus' love too...telling the man the truth even if it meant He was going to lose a "follower".

So someone with beliefs and doctrines "almost" right and someone totally wrong could be just as far from God's kingdom in the end.

So we cannot lower our standards or compromise on doctrine to fellowship with those in sin and false doctrine. 

"Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
1 Corinthians 1:10

We know the greatest command is to love God and loving God is keeping His commandments. Let us sisters not fall for those who are almost right like the rich young ruler was. 

"But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you."
John 5:42

God knows the truth and the heart. We can't deceive Him in the slightest.

As daughters of God all we do must be in line with bringing glory to our God and not bringing a reproach on His Name. 

And how do we glorify God? 

Jesus glorified the Father in what He did on earth, doing the Father's will. 

"I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do."
John 17:4

Let us glorify the Lord by our obedience to His commands.  

"Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love."
John 15:8-10

But as follows on from the verse I shared about making many books...this follows...  

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."
Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

All not done for God's glory will be burned up. 

Let us fear God. And in that fear we will obey. As women, we will cover our heads. We will wear plain long and loose clothing, we will strive to have a meek and quiet submissive spirit, we will strive to do all His commands. We will search the scriptures daily to see what God's ways are...to obey them...to glorify Him.  

And we can reach out in love to warn our neighbours too. 

"Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ."
Galatians 6:1-2

Let us hold fast to the truth...let us earnestly contend for the faith. 

"Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints."
Jude 1:3

So that is a bit from me for today. I leave with this scripture and flower for my sisters in the Lord who love God above all else. 


Love in Christ,

...from a daughter of His


See the gospel here. So many have it wrong which will be to their own destruction in the end...lest they repent. Don't be deceived! 

"Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not."
Luke 12:40