Let Us Not Steal God's Glory

 


Greetings lowly sisters!

I pray this finds you well and living in victory in the power of Christ...and striving on, looking to Christ through times of weakness. Let us endure each day until the end. 

"For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise."
Hebrews 10:36


Today I have a post on a subject I was pondering and I share to edify and encourage us sisters to live lives that give glory to God as obedient women. 

I was pondering this verse.... 
"I am the Lord : that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images."
Isaiah 42:8
That is a great verse to humble us and help us to see the greatness of God. 


I share quite a few verses here so I hope those can bless you who read...and you ponder it with me. 




And like that parable in Luke 17, we are only doing our duty when we live pleasing to God obedient to all He commands of us. We are doing our reasonable service as well as being living sacrifices. 


"For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!"
1 Corinthians 9:16


Let us not be soft on sin. 

 

"Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?"
1 Corinthians 5:6


I think of this one quite often. It's something that should strike fear in our hearts when we do not give God the glory in our lives but take some for ourselves or others. 

"And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them. And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man. And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost."
Acts 12:21-23


Oh may we sisters live to glorify God in all our ways!  


"That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Romans 15:6


"For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it : for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another. Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last. Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together."
Isaiah 48:11-13


"I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else."
Isaiah 45:5-6 





"For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."
1 Corinthians 6:20

If we have been born by the Spirit and purchased by Christ's precious blood we are not our own. We cannot just do what we feel like. If we do, we are not bringing God glory, but are taking it away, stealing His glory (let alone sinning wilfully and in danger of destruction). 

What are some ways we as women could do that? There are many ways we can do so in action or thought but here are a few that pertain particularly to us. 

By... 

Not being shamefaced, and usurping authority from men, and not having a meek and quiet spirit (1 Peter 3, 1 Timothy 2, 1 Corinthians 14).

Not dressing biblically but instead dressing to receive glory for our looks which is pride and vanity (1 Peter 3, 1 Timothy 2).

Not covering our heads...

"But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man."
1 Corinthians 11:5-7
There is something interesting here related to the glory of God. If we as women do not cover our heads and hair (which is our glory), and we are the glory of the man who is God's glory we dishonour men our head. That's very interesting I think. 

Look at the words dishonour... 


And shame...


May we be obedient to this, covering ourselves with a veil, loving God by keeping His commandments.

Of course there are many more ways that we may not give God His rightful glory and so you can think of many more I am sure. 


"Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest."
Revelation 15:4


Let us be obedient women so we may bring glory to our Father. 
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."
Matthew 5:16

"Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation."
1 Peter 2:11-12






Let us give glory to the Lord in all we do. 



"Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake."
Psalm 115:1


We are not worthy of anything we receive. Let us give glory to our great and mighty Creator.

Let us consider who we are compared to such a great God. 


"These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful."
Revelation 17:14

 

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."
Revelation 22:13


Who do we think we are sisters? 


"In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return."
Genesis 3:19


"And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:"
Genesis 18:27


We're dust. 


Yet we can be loved by such a great God as He is if we are in Him.

"To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ."
Romans 1:7

We are not worthy...but He is worthy! Let us humbly serve Him with all our strength and life. 

I hope you appreciated pondering this great subject with me. 

 

Love in Christ to my sisters, 

...from a daughter of the Lord


"Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." 
 
Philippians 4:20

See the biblical gospel to eternal life here