Peace, Be Still


Greetings Sisters! 

Yes we can have peace in all our circumstances if we are at peace with God walking in all His ways obediently. 

"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

What a great almighty God we serve. The Creator of the universe and He became our Saviour.

Yet... 


"And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, Let us pass over unto the other side. 

And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships. 

And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. 

And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? 

And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. 

And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?"

Mark 4:35-40


That's an interesting thought sisters. The winds and the sea obey Him. I pray all who read are as obedient to the Lord's commands as dead things such as the wind and the waves. We were created in His image for His glory yet mankind is the most disobedient of all. We needed a mighty Saviour. 

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."
Romans 1:16


Yesterday my travels took me near the ocean and so, since it was blowing a gale, I got to see the wild raging sea. I share some pictures and videos in case you want to see and have a glimpse into some more of God's great creation to ponder and give Him glory. 


Please excuse the shaky camera in these videos. I was squeezing my phone really hard as it wanted to be snatched away in the wind and I could not manage to video for long either. I'm so glad my headcovering was on tight because it felt a little that it could be snatched away at times. I'm so glad it didn't (or I would have been filled with so much shame.).

Anyway you can get a little glimpse into the power of God in creating things like the strong winds...which creates the mighty waves. 





And here's a video of something a bit more "scary". At least it was a bit at the time though it might not look like it on the video. 

My brother went right out to the end of the jetty, though I didn't, but I really am surprised I didn't blow into the sea. (On that video a man walking by yelled at me to not let the phone blow away.)


And there were these doves sheltering here...peacefully.  

You can see a post I did here a few weeks back of a time the sea was peaceful in roughly the same location. Such a difference the wind makes. 


Today this verse came to my mind. 

"By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith."
Hebrews 11:7

Today we escape the wrath to come through Christ. Are you in Him today? See the good news of the gospel here and how we can find new life and salvation in our Saviour. Noah built the ark but he had to get in it to be saved. I pray you are moved with fear also and prepare to meet your God. We too have been warned by God of things not yet seen...which is fiery judgement to come on those who know not God and don't obey the gospel (2 Thessalonians 1:8-9).

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
John 14:6


"Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 

All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture."

John 10:7-9


I leave you sisters with this verse.

"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God."
2 Corinthians 7:1

I love that - 

perfecting holiness in the fear of God. 

Love in Christ,

...from a servant of God