Mango Lassi


I thought I'd share this idea with you of how you can use mangoes. Yes they happen to be my favourite fruit too:-) 

Ever since several of my brothers went to India a couple times and told us about this, it has been an occasional treat that I make the family. (Did I mention international travel? Wow...that is a freedom of the past, for now...not that I've ever travelled overseas myself.)


The other day, my mother turned up with a box of mangoes from Costco...so what an excellent opportunity to make this...so I did tonight. 

First I chopped up about 5 mangoes and froze them the day before. 



This was a large batch which would serve about 7 people but there is no set rules and you can experiment to whatever you like. 

3 cups of milk 

1 kg (2lbs) of plain yoghurt (if I was more prepared I could have used homemade yoghurt...my sister makes good stuff) 

A couple tablespoons of sugar. Normally I use honey but we didn't have any in the house (yeah we have bees but the honey's all at my brother's house).

Optional sprinkle of cardamon powder

Blend them all together to make a thick and delicious drink. 


So that's just a simple keeper at home idea for anyone interested...and a possible use for this fruit. (You can look online for a better recipe if you want one more specific.)

Such an interesting variety of foods our great God created for us to enjoy!

A saint from the other side of the world shared this picture of the mangoes in the shop there. A different variety it looks like but hopefully just as tasty:-)



See the biblical gospel to eternal life here