Be Ye Thankful



"And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful."
(Colossians 3:14-15)

Today I wanted to share some encouragement in thankfulness. I was thinking about this as someone mentioned something incorrect about it in my life and so I was thinking about being thankful and the part it is to have in a true saint's life...in our case a godly woman's meek and quiet life. 

So I got to thinking and here are some things I am thankful for. There are thousands and even millions of tiny little things you could think of perhaps but these are the most important in my life. 

I thank God for... 
  • His Word and truth
  • For sending His Son and for the gospel
  • For sending the Spirit
  • For the hope of salvation and the joy of heaven
  • For being set free from sin 
  • For godly saints I know
  • For His Creation
  • For health and strength to work
  • Technology to communicate with and encourage the saints and reach the lost (email and blog)
  • For food and raiment

Those are just a few and the main ones I can think of right now. But there are many more, I know. And I'm sure you each can thing of more in your own life. We are each in different circumstances, but I want to cultivate a thankful heart in whatever that is for me. We are blessed; most of all because we are new creations in Him and we can have the hope of salvation to come if we endure! Praise God for that...unworthy though we be. 

I hope these verses edify and encourage you in thankfulness to God our Creator. There are so many verses on thankfulness but I share these ones.

"But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you."
(Romans 6:17)


But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
(1 Corinthians 15:57)


"Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place."
(2 Corinthians 2:14)


"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
(Philippians 4:6)


"By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name."
(Hebrews 13:15)

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.

Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations."
(Psalm 100)


And I leave you with this one...to look forward to in the future. There's lots of praise and thankfulness in heaven. Strive on to the very end, sisters!

"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;


And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.


And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,


Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.


And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?


And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.


Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.


They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.


For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes."

(Revelation 7:9-17)

Isn't that an awesome promise to look forward to?! 

Another lovely sunset. I was thinking about thankfulness of the beauty all around me. It was just God and me surrounded by His Creation. Yes we might have to live this Christian life on our own on our little patch of earth if no one else around us wants to follow and obey Christ completely...but God is with His saints in Spirit. That's comforting...He is the Comforter.




"If ye love me, keep my commandments.

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."
(John 14:15-17)


Love to you in Christ,

...from a daughter of God

See the good news to eternal life here