My Day in Pictures

We (my mother and I) ended up at a nice park for dinner thanks to the GPS that took us to a random park. I praise God actually because I had tried to drive to another one but had gotten a bit lost. This one was better:-) I was able to take a quick walk down to the river. Even though it is on the outskirts of a city of 5 million people there is still much beauty of God's creation.











We very rarely get takeaway...but we were out and about in town so it worked out best. I praise the Lord for food to eat. 

"Give us this day our daily bread.
(Matthew 6:11)

Earlier in the day, Sunday, we were able to go to a few op shops (thrift stores). There were these lovely flowers on the walk from the car park to the shop. 




Whether it's a small op shop... 


...or a large one (that I went to the other week)...

...there will not be much in the way of biblical clothing for godly women. It's a quick job looking for long skirts where you can quickly look at their length to find them. Then of course most have other problems like being adorned or too tight etc. I hope to do more posts on the practical aspects of looking for biblical clothing.

You also might come across "pet idolatry"...like I heard and saw today. In one shop, I overheard two ladies talking about how much nicer pets are than people. And the one lady was enquiring about the lady behind the counter's dog. She asked it's name and then said to send her regards to it. Then she asked the lady's name as an afterthought. Then she went on to say that many times people know their neighbors pets and their names well but not the people's. It's sad but true. 

Then I saw this in the next shop. A little dog getting wheeled around by a couple. 



Some beautiful flowers in the grocery store. 



I mentioned that it was Sunday and that we were going shopping. Well there was a time in my past that I used to think that Sunday was the Lord's Day and so tried to avoid doing any extra things like that, which I must have confused with the Saturday Sabbath where there was to be no unnecessary work done. But I know now that New Testament scripture teaches nothing of this and so all days are equal. 

But I hope and pray you are all ready for the real Lord's Day when Christ is coming back to judge the world. 

"And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ." 
(2 Thessalonians 1:7-12)

If you are not prepared and living for God today, see the biblical gospel to eternal life here