Hope Deferred & Everyday Life

"Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life." 
(Proverbs 13:12)

The verse comes to mind particularly in this "corona" ordeal we are facing as we try to go about our daily lives as believers. While we might like to ignore what the world does, it is a reality that is staying around. For me, it's being "trapped" interstate away from my earthly home. And often there is hope that things will change...but then again things change and so it isn't to be. This is just minor for sure and I'm not saying it's a large issue for me but there could be many things in our lives where we can't look at the circumstances but trust in the Lord instead. And so that verse from Proverbs came to my mind.  

This could obviously happen in many different areas of life where we might "hope" something to happen so I know we women must have a very deep trust of the Lord that HE will work it all out for His purposes.

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
(Romans 8:28)

And know that we are just to be going about our business faithfully even if we don't know what this world is doing. I'm sure that He has us in our spots for a reason. 

But if we think Who we are living for and where our lives are to be lived for, takes a whole lot of concern about these earthly things away. 

"For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
(Philippians 3:20)

We can rest and trust that if we are obedient to what we ought to do then God can work through situations even if it isn't what we want or hope for. 

But we do know that God is faithful and He has given us the hope of eternal life for those who obey Him. That is something we can know that He will keep Himself...

...but we must ENDURE,

one

day

at

a

time!

"In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;"
(Titus 1:2)
 
This is our ultimate hope that we have in Christ (if we are born again by the gospel)!
 
"And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
 
In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
 
And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
 
And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
 
And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever." 
(Revelation 22:1-5)

But back to everyday life for now........

I had to run some shopping errands for the family today which took me to the gardening section of the hardware store. So I share some more of God's handiwork in flowers. Perhaps you will appreciate them sister/s! I seem to have run out of flowers to photograph where I stay...so next best will do:-)




And then I did some grocery shopping. Yeah, it's just everyday things, but being out about in the world you never know what could happen as we go about our keeper at home and serving jobs and we should be ready to give an answer and certainly being biblically dressed will set us apart for our God. Coming into the warmer months here, you can't help but know that you will stand out amongst the shameful undress of our day. But our God is holy! 

And some more cheery flowers.


I was given this ice cream treat for dessert (from the family I stay with). It was really good for the end of a hot and busy day.

Know what this is? 
It's a blessing that I came across and so I thought I'd give it a try on my sore feet and it helped quite a bit. No it doesn't help it all, but it's worth mentioning I thought:-) So if you're on your feet a lot of the day, you can rub some of this on in the evening and your feet will feel refreshed for a new day in the morning. It has taken away some of the more extreme painfulness that I had at times after the long days. I didn't go looking for this but my mother had some and I thought perhaps it might help. Praise God, it does! 
 
And finally setting out for a warm yet peaceful evening walk; surrounded by the sounds of birds, frogs, and insects. 


"O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
(Psalm 8:9)

See the biblical gospel to eternal life here